missing material list for dome clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• missing material list for dome clock

hey folks....i just received the dome clock plans from cherrywood.....there is no material list shown as it was on the Roman cathederal clock plans.....matter of fact..the plans seem less specific as to false plates (used to attach various pieces to) through out theb plans....again, quite unlike the cathederal plans.....anybody else whos built this one find this situation.....? theres one place where a note is shown to use cleats or plates...but no drawings as to where.

Both of those clock plans when I got them had no material list and no assembly instructions. If you have any specific problems, someone here will try to answer your questions, maybe I can even help. The clocks you mention are old patterns. Al Spicers patterns have very accurate cutting lists. Dirk Boleman has good instructions for assembly. Make sure all pieces are cut 90 degrees and do a dry fit first. I use plates inside, and make each clock in 2 sections. It sure is a lot easier to move them if they are not in one piece.
    Have fun and share some pictures with us.
    Norman

Comment

i just got the grandfather clock and it is the same way it dont say any thing hardly it is going to be tuffer then i thought but thats why i got the plans maybe after it i will try out the dome clock i realy like hao it looks with 2 of them back to back that wood be even more fun

Comment

That sure does not sound good for a company to send out plans like that. I have never heard for the Cherrywood company I'm hoping you didn't mean Cherrytree. Evelyn ordered a precut clock kit from them for me as a Christmas gift to replace the chip carving knifes I got but can not use. I think I would be a bit up set if this gift did not have the proper plans.
        sigpic: Dan US Navy PR1 (Ret)
        To all who serve or have served, Thank you
        Well I am the worlds greatest scroller at my house.

Comment

I have made the dome clock back to back it was a challinge but well worth it.

the false plates and mostly like a sub flooring. I hope this hint does help.
          Please poxst pictures.

Comment

I'm sorry.....i made a boo boo.....it's cherry tree not cherry wood.....don't know where I got that one....tthanks for the replys though.....

Comment

did you make a upper false plate for each floor.....sort of a mirror image of the bottom of each floor? thanks for the help....I'm new at all this so to speak,,, especially the posting on the forum and sending pics an stuff.....

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X