Colored Pattern Lines.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colored Pattern Lines.

How to you get a printer to print red lines instead of black?

It's all fun
    Terry
    Craftsman 18"
    Delta 46-460 lathe

https://www.facebook.com/SillyLillyBowsAndMore

Terry: Assuming you have a color printer, change the color of the line to red in whatever application you created the pattern in. Alternatively, many color printers allow one or two color printing of b & w docs. These changes can normally be made under "properties" in the print dialog.

Comment

What about a pattern I didn't make?

It's all fun
      Terry
      Craftsman 18"
      Delta 46-460 lathe

Comment

You could try Rapid Resizer. You can print out the final pattern in any color you like, but I do use red. Great program, use it a lot.
        Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
        Jean De La Bruyere...

l
        Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Murphy View Post
          What about a pattern I didn't make?
          I use a lot of Steve Goods patterns that come as PDF's

If I want to change colour I use GIMP (free program)

Open the PDF and find the page I want and import.

Use select tool to select area I want. Ie big square on tools page

Select colors and then colorize. Play with the saturation and hue to get the color you want and then print.

I hope you can see the results here.

gimp.jpg
          Last edited by Don in Brooklin On; 12-19-2011, 04:24 PM. Reason: spelling
          Don McFarland ​Member - Durham Woodworking Club http://www.durhamwoodworkingclub.com/

Comment

Another option Terry is to scan the pattern to your computer. Put it someplace where you can find it again.
            Here's what I do when I want to print a color to some patterns.
            Open file in Irfanview, click File, click Print, select the printer I want to use, click printer setup, click properties, click effects, click box monochrome effect, select color by moving slide, click OK, click OK again, click Print.
            I realize you may not have the same setup as I do, but if you play around with your parameters you should be able to find you can print your patterns in the color you want. Good luck.
            .....and as I mentioned in my earlier post, a highlighter can be helpful if you don't want to use the printer.
            Last edited by Wood Dog; 12-19-2011, 05:27 PM.
            Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Hay Chuck if I can step in on this thread. I have the rapid resizer program also. How do you just get the line to change color an not the whole pattern?

I have had a lot of trouble with the program but they have been very good at showing me how to get around the trouble an make the program work. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Trackman View Post
                Hay Chuck if I can step in on this thread. I have the rapid resizer program also. How do you just get the line to change color an not the whole pattern? Thanks
                I am afraid I don't understand the question. The lines of the pattern are printed in red, not the whole page and it is the choice you make, I think, on the last page. I will double check and see.

Update: I checked and the last page gives you the options of several colors.
                Last edited by ChuckD; 12-19-2011, 08:48 PM.
                Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
                Jean De La Bruyere...

l
                Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

I did it!
                  I just changed the color to magenta in the preferences, and it worked.

Sometimes I just can't see the forest through the trees!

It's all fun
                  Terry
                  Craftsman 18"
                  Delta 46-460 lathe

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
                    Reply to My first decent furniture project - Welding and woodwork combined
                    by jim_mex
                    Hi Linda - thanks for the comments on the welds. It took me an hour or so to get into the swing of MIG wire welding but I really like it in preference to stick welding especially for welding thinner material. I confess to investing in a new angle grinder to help with the cleanup and dressing. I bought...
                    Today, 12:25 AM
                  • keystonecop
                    Bread and Cheese..
                    by keystonecop
                    ​ Scrollsaw Woodworking and crafts Winter 2020 3/4 Cherry. A work in progress. This has been one of the most frustrating and rewarding projects that I have ever done. @Fiona Kingdon is by far one of the great scroll saw artists. Her patterns are not always the type that I like (I like to follow red...
                    Today, 12:08 AM
                  • keystonecop
                    Reply to Recommendations anyone?
                    by keystonecop
                    This is in a 5x5 area.. The total shop is 10x12 ...
                    Today, 12:01 AM
                  • jim_mex
                    Reply to Turning to something new
                    by jim_mex
                    Wow! That segmented bowl is amazing!

Betty - I have an old Darth Vader helmet somewhere. Will that substitute Bruce's get up? Failing that there always my current biker's helmet Thanks very much for the safety advice and concern. Rest assured that safety is my priority these days....
                    Yesterday, 11:57 PM
                  • will8989
                    Reply to Turning to something new
                    by will8989
                    That is beautiful. Your design?
                    Yesterday, 11:42 PM
                  Working...
                  X