Colored Pattern Lines.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colored Pattern Lines.

How to you get a printer to print red lines instead of black?

It's all fun
    Terry
    Craftsman 18"
    Delta 46-460 lathe

https://www.facebook.com/SillyLillyBowsAndMore

Terry: Assuming you have a color printer, change the color of the line to red in whatever application you created the pattern in. Alternatively, many color printers allow one or two color printing of b & w docs. These changes can normally be made under "properties" in the print dialog.

Comment

What about a pattern I didn't make?

It's all fun
      Terry
      Craftsman 18"
      Delta 46-460 lathe

Comment

You could try Rapid Resizer. You can print out the final pattern in any color you like, but I do use red. Great program, use it a lot.
        Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
        Jean De La Bruyere...

l
        Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Murphy View Post
          What about a pattern I didn't make?
          I use a lot of Steve Goods patterns that come as PDF's

If I want to change colour I use GIMP (free program)

Open the PDF and find the page I want and import.

Use select tool to select area I want. Ie big square on tools page

Select colors and then colorize. Play with the saturation and hue to get the color you want and then print.

I hope you can see the results here.

gimp.jpg
          Last edited by Don in Brooklin On; 12-19-2011, 04:24 PM. Reason: spelling
          Don McFarland ​Member - Durham Woodworking Club http://www.durhamwoodworkingclub.com/

Comment

Another option Terry is to scan the pattern to your computer. Put it someplace where you can find it again.
            Here's what I do when I want to print a color to some patterns.
            Open file in Irfanview, click File, click Print, select the printer I want to use, click printer setup, click properties, click effects, click box monochrome effect, select color by moving slide, click OK, click OK again, click Print.
            I realize you may not have the same setup as I do, but if you play around with your parameters you should be able to find you can print your patterns in the color you want. Good luck.
            .....and as I mentioned in my earlier post, a highlighter can be helpful if you don't want to use the printer.
            Last edited by Wood Dog; 12-19-2011, 05:27 PM.
            Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Hay Chuck if I can step in on this thread. I have the rapid resizer program also. How do you just get the line to change color an not the whole pattern?

I have had a lot of trouble with the program but they have been very good at showing me how to get around the trouble an make the program work. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Trackman View Post
                Hay Chuck if I can step in on this thread. I have the rapid resizer program also. How do you just get the line to change color an not the whole pattern? Thanks
                I am afraid I don't understand the question. The lines of the pattern are printed in red, not the whole page and it is the choice you make, I think, on the last page. I will double check and see.

Update: I checked and the last page gives you the options of several colors.
                Last edited by ChuckD; 12-19-2011, 08:48 PM.
                Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
                Jean De La Bruyere...

l
                Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

I did it!
                  I just changed the color to magenta in the preferences, and it worked.

Sometimes I just can't see the forest through the trees!

It's all fun
                  Terry
                  Craftsman 18"
                  Delta 46-460 lathe

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Ennobee
                    Reply to Rose in dome
                    by Ennobee
                    Hi Alex.
                    after I tried some layered designs myself, and got some experience designing,... You asked what I think, here are some ideas:

​​​​​​​First off, as a project, the rose itself looks fantastic. Although the dome with its three layers of frame somehow reminds.me...
                    Today, 10:03 PM
                  • meflick
                    Reply to Farmers market
                    by meflick
                    Congratulations Betty on the wonderful sales but not surprised given the quality and craftsmanship of both of your work.
                    Today, 09:36 PM
                  • meflick
                    Reply to Giraffe sold at charity auction
                    by meflick
                    Congratulations on the great sale and contribution it made for the hospital. Beautiful job on it.
                    Today, 09:34 PM
                  • meflick
                    Reply to My first decent furniture project - Welding and woodwork combined
                    by meflick
                    Beautiful furniture pieces Jim. My husband was the original woodworker in our family and he mainly builds furniture pieces....
                    Today, 09:32 PM
                  • meflick
                    Reply to Art crafters
                    by meflick
                    I noticed he had been MIA here in the forums (both here and in the Village) and he hadn’t replied to a tag on a FB page so I was worried he might unfortunately be sick. I am sorry to hear that he has been and that it was Covid and that he was hospitalized. I had been worried this might be the case....
                    Today, 09:30 PM
                  Working...
                  X