Bee Happy picture finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bee Happy picture finished

I have to thank Bubba-n-Tenn for the pattern for this picture. He posted it a few weeks ago and since my granddaughters elementary school, DBeeO, uses a Bee Theme for their motto, T-shirts, and mascot, it was a perfect pattern to cut for them both.

I stack cut 2 with #2 skip tooth blade into 1/8" maple ply and glued the finished picture to a painted 1/16 bb ply backer. The picture itself is 9" x 12". The frame is shop made from 1 1/8" wide by 3/4" thick oak and stained with a combination of red oak and dark walnut. The entire project has several coats of varnish.

As usual, all comments and criticisms that make me a better scroller are greatly appreciated.

george

bee happy picture.jpg
    A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
    George

delta 650, hawk G426

Lovely piece sawdustus, cant wait to get a few projects under my belt (develop my scrollsaw muscle memory and motor control hehe, even manage a straight line and a nice fluid curve) and start to tackle some nice flatwork like that.

Sunlion
    The Journey Is Everything.

http://www.sunlion-pyrography.co.uk/

My Google+

Comment

George, great pattern, great frame and the cutting is beeutiful.
      Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

That is one honey of a project! Bee happy!
        "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
        Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Very nice George...isn't it fun to make projects for your Grandkids. I remember making bunk beds, regular beds, dressers, etc. for my kids where they were young...about 40 odd years ago. I even sewed up the little mattress and pillows for them...haven't thought about for years. Thanks for bringing back good memories for me
          Hawaiilad
          Larry

Comment

I think it turned out to be a great looking project. Thanks for the plug on my pattern, too.
            "Live as though Christ died yesterday, arose this morning, and is coming back tomorrow."

Comment

Your welcome Bubba, and thanks for all the nice comments folks. This one was fun, not really difficult, and easy to paint. It probably took me as long to make the frames as it did to cut the pattern.

george
              A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
              George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

Very nice George!
                -- Rick --

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• NC Scroller
                  Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                  by NC Scroller
                  I have made a number of those Harvey puzzles. They are a lot of fun. You really need to be patient and let the blade cut. Even the slightest pressure can ruin your puzzle piece fit. My go to is a Pegas #3 MGT....
                  Today, 11:24 AM
                • NC Scroller
                  Reply to Big week here
                  by NC Scroller
                  Congrats on your pending retirement and gaining a new daughter. I have been retired close to 6 years now and I have no idea where the time went. Yes retirement will mean some adjustment but I can tell you it is the best job I have ever had. By the way. If you think retirement means unlimited shop...
                  Today, 11:18 AM
                • jim_mex
                  Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                  by jim_mex
                  Thanks to all for the kind comments.

Norma and I are still growing into our 'new' home but are really happy that we got this work done and everyone who has seen the transformation have been wowed.

From my side I'm really pleased with how my kitchen extension idea worked out....
                  Today, 09:17 AM
                • jim_mex
                  Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
                  by jim_mex
                  Hi guys - it seems like I am back in business. The offending 'F' key seemed to lack sufficient travel to push down on the main board so I stuck a thin sliver of plastic under it with super glue and that seems to have solved the problem.

The only downside is I now have no excuses for my...
                  Today, 08:42 AM
                • Rolf
                  Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                  by Rolf
                  WOW! I really like your taste in doors etc. I have have always leaned towards contemporary / modern. But our house is a small cape and that style would not suit it. Since we are both Geminis we have 4 people and our house is very eclectic. Each room has a bit of different style.
                  Today, 08:20 AM
                Working...
                X