Ergonomics and the workshop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ergonomics and the workshop

I have a friend who is a physical therapist and helped me open my eyes in regards to the workshop. If you are going to be spending long hours doing this hobby then think about it. Get things set at the correct height so things seem comfortable for you.
    I want to send out a thank you to Bill (GladeFade) for the link for the Swopper chair. This chair has been a miracle for my back. Yes it is expensive, but so is physical therapy or surgery. I thought I had a nice chair for scrolling and had served me well for many years. It was at a perfect height and was great for my neck and shoulders. But little by little I would spend less and less time cutting comfortably as my lower back started in pain.
    This chair is also perfect for intarsia as sitting at the drum sander shaping pieces can be set at the perfect height.
    Christmas is coming and do yourself a favor, put the Swopper chair on your list. Your back will thank you and you can spend more time in the shop with far less pain. I don't work for Swopper, just a very satisfied customer.

A strange looking chair

Do you use a foot switch with it and do your shoulders and upper back have any issues?

Comment

Never heard of the Swopper chair before .......I'll check it out ........MB
      Usually busier than a cat in a sandbox !!!!!!!!!!! MB { Dewalt 788 only }

Comment

Here is a link to the chairs:

Swopper - Active sitting for a healthy back

Very pricy in my book. $700.00 is a lot to spend unless you are having issues.
        Scott
        Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

I do not have a foot switch. I use my Eclipse mainly and the controls are right up front.
          No issues at all with the back or shoulders. This chair really makes you sit correctly.
          I figure some of the pain issues I have are due to the long hours in the shop. Doing things incorrectly for years and making due with what I had. I mainly posted this for newer people getting into this hobby. If you set things up with ergonomics in mind, hopefully you don't end up with health issues. Yes, the chair is expensive, but really in the long run it is not that bad. I wish I would have bought one 10 years ago. It may have saved me from the back pains that I have now. We can justify spending $700.00 on a new piece of equipment, but why not a chair?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X