Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolf
    replied
    Another problem with the Sears stool, the four legs are an OSHA no no. We had to throw all of our 4 leged stools and chairs away at work for safety reasons. When you push back they will easily tip over.

Leave a comment:

• joey65746
    replied
    you are right sawdust saven money doesnt get you very far sum times forsure win it comes to buying tools this is a great hobby we have and we spend a lot of thime at the saw so geting a comfertable at the saw is the main key. so anybody looking at the sears chair should look for a better chair i have a wooden bar stool that is 100 times better then it is i thank that the grizzly stool is going to be the winner for me i cant get over how awsome it is

Leave a comment:

• Tom Orchanian
    replied
    Let me add my endorsement of a used bar stool. I have two padded, high-back stools from the days when "harvest gold" was a good color for kitchen appliances. When we got new appliances the wife gifted me the stools from the breakfast bar. For 25 years they have served me well in a variety of roles in the shop.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Joey, I had the same experience with that stool. I thought it was good for a few weeks until I steadily started to feel pain in my legs, back and backside. This all goes back to the point I have tried to make several times on this forum. It doesn't pay to buy cheap stuff. In the long run you wind up spending more money because you will buy something else eventually. Myself and others try to give sound advice based on our experience on things but some people just ignore it and do what they want. So I just sit back and wait for their eventual thread on why their 100 dollar saw won't cut right or why after sitting on a cheap stool they can no longer walk correctly.

Leave a comment:

• joey65746
    replied
    i posted on the old post that i had just got the Craftsman chair and liked it now a few weeks have passed and i have not ben cuting much it has ben hurting me and finaly relized that it was the chair killing my back and legs i have a bad back and a nerve disease so a good chair is mandatory so i started looking agen and have found the best chair there is it is at grizzly tools the part number is h8364 it is rock solid it is a motorcycle seat with a back put on a stool it adjusts from very low to way to high and it is a leather seat that will last a life time it is a 160 bucks but worth every dime you can get it with out the back rest a lil cheaper this is a great chair just ask any body that has ben on a bike for long trips they coundnt do it with out a great seat

Leave a comment:

• tvman44
    replied
    For $39.99 it is worth the gamble, if it flattens out like you say I will lower the saw and I have a extra office chair of good quality in my home office and will use it for that

Originally posted by sawdust11703 View Post
    I wish you luck tvman44, but I'm telling you, that stool is terrible. The cushion will flatten out on you and you will feel like your sitting on the floor. Just give it a couple months and you will see. Plus the seat is very small. Take it from me because I made the mistake thinking the same thing. That it was good for the money. Plus if you're getting the EX with their stand, you can have the saw lower to the ground and you can get or maybe find for free a nice office chair.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I wish you luck tvman44, but I'm telling you, that stool is terrible. The cushion will flatten out on you and you will feel like your sitting on the floor. Just give it a couple months and you will see. Plus the seat is very small. Take it from me because I made the mistake thinking the same thing. That it was good for the money. Plus if you're getting the EX with their stand, you can have the saw lower to the ground and you can get or maybe find for free a nice office chair.

Leave a comment:

• tvman44
    replied
    I took the advice of a couple on here and went to Sears and got the hydraulic stool that is on sale and I am impressed with the quality especially for $39.99. Can't wait to bring out to the workshop tomorrow and try it out. Also got rambunctious and ordered a EX21 this morning to go with it from Seyco, can't wait for it to come in and make some sawdust with it.

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    My wife bought me a hair salon stool used by hair dressers it has a back and very comfortable. Hydraulic.

Leave a comment:

• ubgoofy2003
    replied
    I just use a swivel bar stool with a back on it & added the chair pad too. Even with the back on it, I can't cut unless I'm leaning over looking at the work piece. So, I don't use it, until I take a pause from cutting & lean back. I have problems with my back too. I would like to be able to lean back all the time, but, just don't know how I can. I have to be right there & in control. Good Luck

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I just took a look at the older thread on this subject. Someone posted a pic of a drafting stool. That is probably the way to go if you need a taller adjustable stool.

Leave a comment:

• Simon Jester
    replied
    I was able to pick up a used bar stool from a fraternal organization that was updating theirs. Bar stools are made to sit on for a long time, so this one has a padded back and seat as well as the foot ring lower down. $5.00.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    No problem Paul. Funny you mention about a pillow. That stool got to the point that I was looking for a seat pillow myself. But then my dewalt broke and I went to the EX with adjustable stand and decided on a nice office type chair from Staples. A think a problem with a lot of stools out there are that they are not meant to be sat on for long periods. When I scroll, I'm doing it for anywhere between 2 and 8 hours with a couple breaks inbetween. It's very important to be comfortable when doing this hobby.

Leave a comment:

• smitty0312
    replied
    I started this a few weeks ago.
    http://www.scrollsawer.com/forum/gen...-saw/41517.htm

Leave a comment:

• Kepy
    replied
    I have a wooden bar stool with a back that I got at a catalog return store for $15. It had a broken spindle in the back but doesn't cause a problem.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X