Stools ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stools ?

Looking for a comforterble stool with a back for scrolling. So far the Kobalt from Lowes looks good. any suggestions ? budget is up to $ 100.00
    Last edited by Oldwildcat; 12-08-2011, 10:41 PM.
    Yea I walked through The Valley of Death and I kicked it's ***
    Semper Fi

I have the Craftsman and It has held up well for 4 yrs.
    Jerry
    Life's funny if you laugh at it!

http://dedijerry.blogspot.com/
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/DediWoodworks

Comment

Saw an ad in the paper the other day where Sears had a Craftsman Hydraulic Stool on sale for $50.00. It looked pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Okie View Post
        Saw an ad in the paper the other day where Sears had a Craftsman Hydraulic Stool on sale for $50.00. It looked pretty good.
        Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

I picked a stool up at goodwill.. $15
        Dan

My Gallery

Comment

I have had the same Sears stool for a couple years and it has been good until lately. For some reason the seat is at an angle...no matter how I turn the legs around, the seat is just not level....guess I need to stop using it and fix the darn thing.
          Hawaiilad
          Larry

Comment

Thanks for posting that link to Sears, Dan! The stool is on sale for $49.99! On my way to Sears this morning!
            A buddy of mine bought a stool at Harbor Frieght, and the ball bearings dropped out after a couple of weeks. He took it back, exchanged it, and it only lasted a couple of weeks. I'm pretty sure it was about $30 or so. Get what you pay for, I guess!

Paul
            www.flicker.com/photos/woodworks44224

Comment

Do NOT buy that stool from craftsman. I have the same exact one and it's terrible. I brought it a couple years ago. At first I didn't find it too bad. But after using it for a number of months, I don't know what happened to the cushion but it became like I was sitting on cement. There is not a lot of cushion in there to begin with, but the little there was just got all flattened out and I'm a 195 lb man. It got to the point that after scrolling for a couple hours, my backside and lower back was killing me.

I don't know what saw you have. I started on the Dewalt and since their stand cannot be adjusted, you do need a high stool. When I went to the EX with the adjustable stand, I ran to Staples and got a nice comfortable office chair and have never been more comfortable.

Comment

Thanks, Sawdust! You just changed my mind! LOL! We are both 195 lbs. I'll just keep using my Walmart wooden stool with a small pillow my wife made for me until i can afford something better. I have a Hawk, and a Craftsman saw that i use for 2/0 blades exclusively. The Hawk just doesn't work well with the 2/0 blades.

Paul
                www.flicker.com/photos/woodworks44224

Comment

I have a wooden bar stool with a back that I got at a catalog return store for $15. It had a broken spindle in the back but doesn't cause a problem.

Comment

I started this a few weeks ago.
                    http://www.scrollsawer.com/forum/gen...-saw/41517.htm
                    Dan

My Gallery

Comment

No problem Paul. Funny you mention about a pillow. That stool got to the point that I was looking for a seat pillow myself. But then my dewalt broke and I went to the EX with adjustable stand and decided on a nice office type chair from Staples. A think a problem with a lot of stools out there are that they are not meant to be sat on for long periods. When I scroll, I'm doing it for anywhere between 2 and 8 hours with a couple breaks inbetween. It's very important to be comfortable when doing this hobby.

Comment

I was able to pick up a used bar stool from a fraternal organization that was updating theirs. Bar stools are made to sit on for a long time, so this one has a padded back and seat as well as the foot ring lower down. $5.00.

Comment

I just took a look at the older thread on this subject. Someone posted a pic of a drafting stool. That is probably the way to go if you need a taller adjustable stool.

Comment

I just use a swivel bar stool with a back on it & added the chair pad too. Even with the back on it, I can't cut unless I'm leaning over looking at the work piece. So, I don't use it, until I take a pause from cutting & lean back. I have problems with my back too. I would like to be able to lean back all the time, but, just don't know how I can. I have to be right there & in control. Good Luck
                            PERK

Comment

My wife bought me a hair salon stool used by hair dressers it has a back and very comfortable. Hydraulic.
                              Rolf
                              RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                              Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                              Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                              And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X