Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second attempt

Hi Guys.

First of all I would like to thank everyone for their replies, encouragement and advice to my previous post "First Attempt." I have now done another one and I am so much happier with this attempt. Forgive the frame, it is only a cheapie. I am getting some decent frames this week. I have had lots of advice on finishing the backing boards to give off a nice finish. I was a bit concerned about having these portraits in a frame like this as there is no glass but for me personally it does not look to bad but I would really value your opinion as I intend to do a lot more of this sort of thing to sell at craft fairs.

I have one book of animal patterns on my computer in PDF format so i can print off what i want but they are all wild animals. I would love to get some patterns for cats and dogs and also one or two horses. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be so grateful.
    Attached Files

Now that is a very nice cutting. The frame looks good to.

We are our own worst critic.

Check the vault for patterns of the animals you are looking for.

Again, great job and thanks for sharing.

George

Comment

I read in one of these threads that the glass is a good idea so you dont have dust in all those little holes( seems to make sense to me ).
      Your cuttings look great! I am going to start my first portrait this week and i hope mine looks half as good as yours!thank you for sharing !Wonderful job!

Comment

Very good job. What is the thickness of the wood you used for this portrait?

Comment

That is a nice bear. Well cut and displayed. good job.
          Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
          Desert Woodcrafters
          Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

Comment

Thanks guys for your kind comments. The bear is made from 1/2 inch maple and the backing board is 1/4 inch MDF so it fits into the standard recess of the picture frame.

Comment

Turned out real well ............like it .........
              Usually busier than a cat in a sandbox !!!!!!!!!!! MB { Dewalt 788 only }

Comment

Barnwood and rustic type frames give a nice compliment to pictures of nature, too.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X