German Christmas Ornament Expanded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German Christmas Ornament Expanded

I work with a German lady and got her name in this year's gift exchange for our section. I saw a photo/pattern for an old German ornament and thought she might like my rendition of it. I cut the ornament out of 1/4 baltic birch, the base is scrap oak, I used 4 dowl pins, three wheel axels. I stained the ornament, pins and axels with golden pecan. I used polyeurathane on the base. I used the poly in three coats on the ornament. I added the plexiglass behind the ornament for strength and protection for the finer cuts. The candle is wax with battery powered flame that also has a 4 hour timer included. I think she will really like it.
    Attached Files

I think she will be very touched.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Very nice!
      Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

Than is very pretty. I'm sure she will like it. Where did you find the pattern?
        Paw Paw Ray

http://www.etsy.com/shop/PawPawsWorkshop

Comment

It's beautiful!

Comment

Different but Beautiful .....................MB
            Usually busier than a cat in a sandbox !!!!!!!!!!! MB { Dewalt 788 only }

Comment

Very nice work, I am sure she will love it.

Never heard of a battery powered candle before.
              hehe, learn something new every day.
              The Journey Is Everything.

http://www.sunlion-pyrography.co.uk/

My Google+

Comment

Well done! Nice use of a Volker Arnold design. He has several churches.
                Rolf
                RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

That is a nice piece of work. You did a fine job & a good idea too. That's what makes a special ornament for the Holiday's. You are talented indeed. Thanks for showing us.
                  PERK

Comment

Lovely!! She will love it.
                    DeWalt 788

Comment

Thanks for everyone's comments. I am really enjoying scrolling. Wish I had gotten started a long time ago. At 65 my hearing is shot, I am almost blind in my right eye but left is still good. Sometimes it's a strain making the cuts but I like it too much to give it up. As I am retiring in February the wife said I had to find a hobby, well I think I have found it! Also, it's much safer than chasing girls!

Comment

Nicely done! She will surely enjoy and appreciate it. Congrats on your upcoming retirement, think of all the time you'll have for your new hobby!
                        Don

An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
                        Benjamin Franklin

At twenty years of age the will reigns; at thirty, the wit; and at forty, the judgment.
                        Benjamin Franklin

A great empire, like a great cake, is most easily diminished at the edges.
                        Benjamin Franklin

www.dogwoodstudiosnh.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                          Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                          by will8989
                          The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
                          Yesterday, 11:10 PM
                        • will8989
                          Reply to Farmers market
                          by will8989
                          Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
                          Yesterday, 10:31 PM
                        • tgiro01
                          Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                          by tgiro01
                          Linda - Here is my gimmick for the Incra 1000SE on my SS CNS. I scratched a line 3/4-inch in from the blade end of the fence. I then use a ruler to set that line 1-inch from the side of a carbide tooth on the blade. Then I line the 1-inch mark on the fence ruler to the scratch line.

Now,...
                          Yesterday, 09:38 PM
                        • Linda In Phoenix
                          Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                          by Linda In Phoenix
                          It was a tough choice on the miter gauges---based on recommendations here. I researched the Kreg and the Incra. They were pretty much tied. I let fate decide it. Went into my nearest 2 hardwood stores. #1 sold Kreg, but they were out of stock and didn't know when an order would come in that...
                          Yesterday, 06:47 PM
                        • Linda In Phoenix
                          Reply to Plastic puzzle
                          by Linda In Phoenix
                          Nice puzzle. Go for the gusto---scroll it next time!! Several of the quality brands of blades make blades just for acrylics. With a sharp blade and the right speed it's all good.
                          Yesterday, 06:38 PM
                        Working...
                        X