Blade storage tubes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blade storage tubes.

I just got back from Woodcraft in Tulsa and they had Plastic Tubes that are 7/8" X 6 inches long with a plastic plug, 10 for $8.00.
    Came home rolled the paper up that came in the Flying Dutchman blade bag and slid it inside the tube along with the blades and now I can see them and get to them real easy.
    I know there was a thread about that a little while ago and couldn't remember if anyone found these or not.

I went to the craft store and bought a clear plastic tray with divider they are perfect for me I took my labeler and labeled each differ one tray has like six dividers..

Comment

Got mine at Sloans and did the same with the paper that comes in the Flying Dutchman packets. Unfortunately, the tubes are too big for the holders in the EX. If I ever have another order from Seyco, I'll order thier smaller tubes.

--------Randy
      "Ever Striving, Never Arriving"

Comment

This is how I store my blades. Works kinda nice. Don
        Attached Files
        Don

Comment

The cabinet is a good idea. I'm going to build a rack like I saw on here somewhere that the tubes will lay in and easy to get to. Either way it sure beats getting them out of the little plastic bags they come in.

Comment

I bought the ones from Woodcraft but they don't fit the storage slots on the EX-21 so I bought the little ones from Lee Valley and they fit just great.

I keep my FD UR blades on one side and use the Woodcraft ones for the blades I don't use as othen.

Shop Storage Tubes - Lee Valley Tools

Don
            Don McFarland ​Member - Durham Woodworking Club http://www.durhamwoodworkingclub.com/

Comment

I hate to order anything. Lots of times I will wait a lot longer to find it locally than if I had just went ahead and ordered it. I guess it's the Okie in me, I don't like to wait.
              Like the old prayer "Lord please give me patience, and Hurry". That's me.

Comment

I built a tube/blade holder box like one I saw on one of the scrolling sites. It is about 6 inches wide and 12 inches long. Top has holes for the tubes and botton has matching sunken holes so the tubes don't slide around. I mounted it to the right side of my Ryobi saw on the back side of the table the saw is on. The top of the tubes are about a 1/4 inch below the cutting table. Works great.

Comment

I went to a party supply store and purchased at pack of 12 "test tube shot glasses" for $4.49. The tubes are clear plastic and measure 5 1/2 X 3/4 with a slight flare at the top. Perfect for storing your blades.

Comment

m&m candy comes in tubes that hold 5in . blades and they smell grate Ron

Comment

I made a round holder that holds my woodcraft tubes and then I drilled a shallow hole on the outside of the frame next to each hole and glueda magnet into the hole, so if I need to change blade size for any reason ant the blade I'm taking out is still good, I stick it on the magnet and I can use it later.

Comment

I have been buying "Save The Earth" Gum... I love that stuff but even better it comes in a plastic tube with a snap lid. As soon as I get 8 of them I am making a holder. But each time I buy a tube of this "Chicklet" style gum I save the tube and put another size blade in it.
                        Brenda

Brenda's Blog (This is a little bit of everything, Scrapbooking, Crocheting, Crafting, Wood Crafting)

Brenda's Gallery

"If you are not always busy something is wrong!"

Comment

What size blade tubes does the Excalibur EX21 take from Lee Valley Tools? Thanks Gary
                          Last edited by mgvending; 10-09-2014, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Gary,

The Excalibur uses standard 5" pinless scroll saw blades.
                            Walter
                            Pinelog Creek, FL
                            DW788 Owner since 2013

"Like a wind crying endlessly through the universe, time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike.
                            And all that we were, all that remains is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment."

Comment

I got a 25 pack of 6" tubes with lids for $7.74 with free shipping.

25 Pack 16 x 150 mm Clear Plastic Test Tubes with Blue Caps 6 inch New | eBay

good seller, fast service. They also have some nice holders.
                              AKA Paul from Washington State

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X