Who Has The Best Stool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Has The Best Stool?

Just wondering who has a stool/chair that is the most comfortable you don't want to leave the scroll saw. I have a stool, no back, wood, the seat is comfortable, sets a hair low, but, when I was scrolling last week on a fret project, my shoulder blade area of my back was tight/ sore after scrolling for a couple of hours, had to get up and swing the arms around to loosen it up, just need a better solution for those long days of scrolling. Thanks for all advice as always. This is my stool.( The middle one).
    Attached Files
    Dan

My Gallery

I have a regular wooden chair with a back and a padded seat, the chair I mean has padding..LOL I also have my saw stand tilted forward, which helps me with neck and shoulder strain.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

My saw is tilted too, just need something a little more body friendly.
      Dan

My Gallery

Comment

I tried just about everything and was not happy. After a few hours I was stiff and locked up.
        My wonderful wife saw and bought me a Swooper stool and it's wonderful!. A bit pricey but worth it!. It is hydraulic up and down, it's built on a universal joint at the bottom so you can move side to side or front to back. It's great when doing long pieces since you can be up close for the fine detail and then just push back to make those 180 deg turns to get the other side.
        Here is a link that shoes it. We bought ours at a "Relax the Back" store.

Swopper | 1-SWUS-A | Sit4Less.com

Don't I have a great honey!
        Bill

Comment

I've had a couple different stools in my shop. They have all been scavenged cast-offs from work, so I've made do with what was available. Just recently though, I was able to "upgrade" as the stools they were replacing swiveled, had wheels and hydraulic height adjustment. The uphulstery was shot but otherwise they were in decent shape. It is a major improvement over what I had. I like being able to swivel the seat and have wheels, because my scroll saw is tucked into a rather crowded space and I can now easily move it around or out of the way, as needed. The height adjustment is great as well, because sitting at my scroll saw, I'm higher than I am at the work table, so it's a lot more ergonomically friendly. Having a good, comfortable stool is a huge benefit when you are engaged in a scrolling marathon. Cushioning/comfort, back support and proper height are the key elements of a good stool, IMHO.
          Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

They, as in health professionals, say you should not set for longer than a hour without getting up and moving around some. I have a Craftsman stool with a back rest and lift type adjustment that works well.
            Stoney aka Al

This gettin old stuff ain't for sissies!

Comment

Bill! I looked up your stool. $649.00 Did I read it wrong? I can't imagine the cost. Styrk

Comment

Styrk1----I said it was a little pricey.
                I spend a lot of time sawing and need something that gives me comfort. In fact I have an Eclipse saw which has an hour meter on it. I set this to zero the first of the year, it only runs when the saw is running and it now has 903 hours on it. That's why I need something comfortable.
                As per the original request he wanted to know the most comfortable stool, I submit that this one is right up there on the list.
                Bill

Comment

i got the craftsmen shop stool with the back on it and it works great i was going to cut the legs down but it works great i have 2 rbi saws i set one up to stand and one to set down at i have a very bad back so i cant set long or set long so 2 saws helped me out great

Comment

I have a swivel chair. Works great for me. Two cushions for the back one for the butt (I already have padding for that). Saw is raised about 5 inches in the back (30 inch saw). Boxes with a foot switch for a comfortable fit for my short legs.
                    Attached Files
                    The other John A. Nelson
                    johnsworkshop.com
                    sigpic
                    I just follow the lines and make sawdust
                    on a Seyco ST-21 and a Yellow DW788

Comment

I love my chair! It's a drafting stool and it's the greatest. It will raise way up, has a comfortable back and seat.

Chair.JPG

My husband got it for me several years ago at Office Max. You can check it out here. I don't think the price is too bad. Hope you find a good one!!
                      Cathy in NE

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." - Anonymous

Comment

I use a retired padded swivel bar stool with a padded back that will have casters someday.
                        I am also very proud of myself for letting this one go by and it was tough.
                        I'll bet Mike was holding his breath. LOL
                        May the wind at you back .....
                        Not be from Lunch.

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER

Visit My Gallery

Oily's Gallery

http://www.picturetrail.com/oily11

Comment

i use an office chair that swivels and reclines and it is waaaaaaaaayyyy comfortable!

+ + I Love The Smell Of Sawdust In The Morning + +

Comment

Regular office chairs are just too low, we just retired an old office chair, might try modifying it to my needs. Thanks for all the ideas.
                            Dan

My Gallery

Comment

here's my stool, I got if from Sears a few years ago for like $100

Trout
                              Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
                              Fish are food, not friends!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
                                Reply to New tools
                                by jim_mex
                                Hi Rhys - I did finally get the center stand for the bike a couple of weeks back after it was stuck in customs for almost a month. Still have to put it on. The paddock stand will help me do this - Lol!

Of course you are correct in that the center stand does a similar job but the advantage...
                                Yesterday, 11:14 PM
                              • Hobbyhorse
                                Reply to New tools
                                by Hobbyhorse
                                Did you ever get the centre stand for the bike? A paddock stand does the same thing finally, I guess.
                                Yesterday, 11:03 PM
                              • Hobbyhorse
                                Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                                by Hobbyhorse
                                Brilliant stuff Jim. Congratulations on the layout and the workmanship, but most of all enjoy it.
                                Yesterday, 10:58 PM
                              • KarlB
                                Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                                by KarlB
                                Very nice Jim. You have a very contemporary look now! Since I do cabinet, Entertainment centers, etc. for my work I see a lot of the same looks being done here in Naples. (i.e. large porcelain tiles, lighted dropped ceiling)

I do like your use of the space in the door way for additional...
                                Yesterday, 09:41 PM
                              • KarlB
                                Reply to Craft Knife blade holder
                                by KarlB
                                Well judging from the photos, it looks like it could be a scroll or band saw. (The photos, although a bit blurred, show a few burrs at the cut.) It also appears the set screw may go into the other side of the cut as the hole on the blade would allow the pass through. Maybe, however it is just a pressure...
                                Yesterday, 09:31 PM
                              Working...
                              X