These are made for walking ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These are made for walking ...

This is the latest that Ive been working ,just a simple pair of boots , all comments and suggestions always welcome
    Last edited by Charlie_1; 01-26-2007, 11:40 PM.
    Charlie
    "Everything Happens for a Reason"
    Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

I would sugjest bandaids, when wearing them. other than that. they look great. your big sis. Evie

Comment

something does seem odd with those boots. i think it's the top where your feet go in. It looks like the boots have caps on them. My suggestion is that the ribbon should have stopped at the point where a foot would enter the boot. The top should curve down, not up. It's all about illusion. Sort of like when you draw a 3-d house. U begin with a rectangle, then u draw a wall on one side angling upwards. I think the idea is good, but the perception is off. I hope I explained it right...you asked, so I'm just trying to be honest.
      too bad I can't draw on the screen in front of me. Whatever you do, don't be discouraged or give up, because we all learn best from our mistakes. I've done these same things myself.
      What's that black thing on the table at the top of the right boot? Almost looks like a grenade.
      Jeff Powell

Comment

Charlie - I think this is what Jeff means....

Jeff - right click the photo and "copy" then open your "paint" program and "paste" then use the paint program to write on the picture.

And Charlie - I like them! cant wait to see them finished.
        Theresa E
        Attached Files
        Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

Thats where he has the Grimlins trapped
          Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
          Jean De La Bruyere...

l
          Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

well dang lol I knew there was something that looked weird about them but couldnt figure out what it was lol now that I know I can change it Thank you all

Thank you Jeff and Thank you Theresa for showing on the picture

oh and the black think on the right top of the boot is a tape measure

will have to let the grimlins out lol
            Last edited by Charlie_1; 09-27-2006, 10:03 AM.
            Charlie
            Craftsman 18in. 21609

Comment

Very neat Charlie. Can't wait to see them all finished.
              Kevin
              Scrollsaw Patterns Online
              Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

yes, that's pretty close to what I mean. What you built is a side view and a top view at the same time, which just doesn't work.
                Jeff Powell

Comment

This is the picture I got it from , something looked wrong on it but couldnt figure out what and definetly will have to change it
                  I ended up with both views and it wont look right with it that way
                  Last edited by Charlie_1; 01-26-2007, 11:40 PM.
                  Charlie
                  Craftsman 18in. 21609

Comment

ok got them cut so it doesnt look deformed with both views on it , that did make a difference with cutting that top part there ,
                    Thank you Jeff for the help and info

Thank you all

will post them soon
                    Charlie
                    Craftsman 18in. 21609

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
                      Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                      by Rolf
                      Back in the late 90's I bought a Incra 2000 Miter gauge. Incredibly precise. The problem was that it only adjusted in one direction, It rarely gets used. It locks in to half degrees. More recently I bought a Kreg fence which has a pin that precisely locates the frequently used angles.
                      That is...
                      Today, 08:15 AM
                    • Jimern
                      Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                      by Jimern
                      The crafters market here in Kerrville, TX is $25 per 10x10 spot per event. We sell 8 months out of the year, Jun/Jul is too hot, and Jan/Feb is too cold. No insurance requirement but we do have to show a sales tax permit and collect sales tax.

Personally I would never sell in a venue that...
                      Today, 06:29 AM
                    • will8989
                      Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                      by will8989
                      The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 ‚Äúseasons‚ÄĚ, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
                      Yesterday, 11:10 PM
                    • will8989
                      Reply to Farmers market
                      by will8989
                      Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
                      Yesterday, 10:31 PM
                    • tgiro01
                      Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                      by tgiro01
                      Linda - Here is my gimmick for the Incra 1000SE on my SS CNS. I scratched a line 3/4-inch in from the blade end of the fence. I then use a ruler to set that line 1-inch from the side of a carbide tooth on the blade. Then I line the 1-inch mark on the fence ruler to the scratch line.

Now,...
                      Yesterday, 09:38 PM
                    Working...
                    X