• stevespangler.com blade storage tubes - WTB

im curious if anyone has any of the baby soda bottles with caps from
    Baby Soda Bottles - Giant Test Tubes at Steve Spangler Science
    i dont mind the price they have but the shipping ($14) is price gouging
    if you ask me so i was hoping maybe someone bought a bunch and
    wants to sell some with a more reasonable shipping price, and if so
    please let me know?
    maybe SSWC could work out some kind of deal with them for a group
    discount or something if enough people wanted to go in?

+ + I Love The Smell Of Sawdust In The Morning + +

I only have a few , got them where I used to work .
    What they actually are are 20 oz bottles that havent been finished yet

Comment

maybe SSWC could work out some kind of deal with them for a group
      discount or something if enough people wanted to go in?
      That does sound like a good idea at first but then you have to remember once they get to sswc, they would have labor costs in administering the sale of these, collecting money, repackaging, plus shipping costs to sswc and then subsequent shipping onto the new buyers. Probably not going to be cost effective.

I too have refrained from getting those due to the shipping costs. I got some tubes from Sloans and waited until i had wood to order to help with the shipping costs. Ironically after waiting about 3 months to have a need for a wood order and the tubes, I had already made a wooden storage rack for my blades and now don't really need the tubes I purchased. Fo4 14.00 shipping you could probably make some nice tubes out of pvc pipe and make some wooden plugs for the ends.
      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

mike, pvc would be nice but these baby soda bottles are clear which is really nice to see what i have for blades and how many.

maybe if we all got together and placed a big order at once they would offer free shipping or a massive discount on shipping if we had a lot of orders to place?

+ + I Love The Smell Of Sawdust In The Morning + +

Comment

I have ten of them I got about three years ago and they are fabulous. One tube fell out of my pocket and was in the rain for two days and the inside was just as dry as the day it was packed.
          Jim
          When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
          Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

I bought 30 of the tubes in 08 and still have 15 in an unopened pouch. I did some calculations for you and this is what you are looking at price wise. 15 tubes =$8.95 + $14.00 shipping =$22.95 divided by 15 tubes =$1.53 each. 30 tubes =$15.95 + $14.00 shipping = $29.95 divided by 30 tubes = $ .9983 each. 60 tubes = $29.95 + $14.00 shipping= $43.95 divided by 60 tubes = $ .7325 each. As you can see $1.53 is not an unreasonable price. $ .9983 each for 30 is even better and $ .7325 for 60 is the best. Don't think you will never need 30 because you will find uses you never realized. Good storage for small parts and small nuts and bolts. If you have any grandkids they will love them to play with. I would recommend you order the thirty, make a rack to hold 10 or 12 and not look back. You won't regret it. I ordered a set from Sloans and after a while some of the caps split as did some of the tubes. I still have several new ones from Sloans but will not use them. Just my suggestion.

JamesHuntsville

Comment

Found these at a Dollar Tree a short time back. They only had a few, I bought 20 I think. I gave away a few of the watches and will give away the rest. Made a rack for a few of them.

Karl
              Attached Files
              Karl in Sunny Southwest Florida

Comment

Lee Valley has these available:

Shop Storage Tubes - Lee Valley Tools

Comment

I bought these tubes a few years back and have never regretted the decision. I had bought the others like Sloan's and was never happy. I made a rack for these and they sit next to my machine. They are air tight and easy to check on your inventory of blades.
                  Mike C.

Comment

I use what scrollerpete posted the link for from Lee Valley. I really like them and I made a handy rack for them.

Blades.JPG

Blades4.JPG
                    Cathy in NE

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." - Anonymous

Comment

Excuse my ignorance but I'm wondering WHY scrollsaw blades must be stored in tubes?
                      Is there a special reason to store them that way or is it appearance and neatness sake?
                      I was wondering why a person couldn't drill deep holes into the side of a piece of wood
                      and make a rack like that?

Comment

You can store them anyway you want, but the first time you knock over your rack and play blade pickup sticks you will put them in tubes.
                        Rolf
                        RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I leave mine in their plastic bags and throw the bags into a plastic box. I do have to paw through the box to find the ones I need, but it works for me.
                          I do like the little "baby soda cans" though!
                          T
                          Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
                            You can store them anyway you want, but the first time you knock over your rack and play blade pickup sticks you will put them in tubes.
                            lol...well that answers THAT question!

Comment

Here is what I use, from Lake Charles Manufacturing:

Test Tube Top Sellers

$2.75+$4.71 shipping. If you are an Amazon Prime member - order them from Amazon and shipping is free.
                              The good woodworker does not craft the wood for honor. He uses his craft to honor the wood.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X