puzzles and ornaments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• puzzles and ornaments

I have had some gumption and time so I produced some puzzles and ornaments.

The Spam is from a political flyer that came in the mail. I often get flyers on card stock and think they would be a good puzzle. This one made it as far as being cut. 1/8" bb and glued down with tacky glue.
    The block of wood puzzle is from one of the give away piles of wood from a local wood crafters club. Cut with FD puzzle blade. It is 8" long. I don't know what kind of wood it is. Nice and medium hard so it will keep the small locks.
    The ornaments are cut from 3/16 plywood that I used for the inside walls of my lil shop. I have lots of pieces of that left for practice wood. I stack cut them with FD UR 3 and 5 blades, soaked them in Watco exterior oil and hung them up here to cure. I have plans of hanging them in the mesquite tree in the front yard for Christmas decor. These are cut from of Steve Good's patterns.
    Attached Files
    Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
    Desert Woodcrafters
    Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

All very well done. I never ceases to intrigue me the innovative displays and drying racks we come up with as a collective.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Great use for items that would go into the garbage or fire place. Very nice work, I use Steve's patterns for a lot of my stuff.

Arthur

Comment

Yup Arthur, Steve makes a lot of good patterns. He has some that are easy for beginners and some that are more challenging as well.

StephenD

Desert Woodcrafters

Comment

That's some great stuff..!!!
          The Spam is hilarious....!!!
          I have a file in My Documents called 'Steve Good'. He really is one generous guy....I vote we make him scroller of the year...!!!
          Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
          No task is too tedious for Art.
          Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
          Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

Jim, I will give Steve my vote.

StephenD

Desert Woodcrafters

Comment

Steve has my vote too!
              It will be interesting to see if any of those neat ornaments get stolen from an outdoor tree. Nice collection of projects!
              DeWalt 788

Comment

Sally, that is my wife's comment too. So ... If they are we will move what's left to the back yard tree.

StephenD

Desert Woodcrafters

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
                  Reply to My first decent furniture project - Welding and woodwork combined
                  by jim_mex
                  Betty - Norma is 5ft 1", her sister who lives next door and often eats with us is 5ft 3". Their father who is recovering from recent knee surgery and staying with us at the moment is also about 5ft 3". I'm almost 5ft 11". You see my dilema!

As to high cupboards. Making...
                  Today, 09:44 AM
                • jim_mex
                  Reply to Turning to something new
                  by jim_mex
                  Thanks Tony for the safety advice. Being one eyed these days I am definitely going to be taking extra care to wear suitable face protection. As to the safety videos, yes, I've already checked out several and pulled up a lot of very useful information. Whilst I've never turned wood before as a practising...
                  Today, 08:39 AM
                • tgiro01
                  Reply to Turning to something new
                  by tgiro01
                  Betty - yes my design. I'm editing the video I made while making the feature ring.

Jim - I know I'm preaching to a member of the choir, but, please watch some of the Youtube videos on wood turning safety. There's a dozen or so of them out there. There are three words you'll hear a lot --...
                  Today, 08:12 AM
                • jim_mex
                  Reply to My first decent furniture project - Welding and woodwork combined
                  by jim_mex
                  Hi Linda - thanks for the comments on the welds. It took me an hour or so to get into the swing of MIG wire welding but I really like it in preference to stick welding especially for welding thinner material. I confess to investing in a new angle grinder to help with the cleanup and dressing. I bought...
                  Today, 12:25 AM
                • keystonecop
                  Bread and Cheese..
                  by keystonecop
                  ‚Äč Scrollsaw Woodworking and crafts Winter 2020 3/4 Cherry. A work in progress. This has been one of the most frustrating and rewarding projects that I have ever done. @Fiona Kingdon is by far one of the great scroll saw artists. Her patterns are not always the type that I like (I like to follow red...
                  Today, 12:08 AM
                Working...
                X