Another Dremel Idea For Larger Projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Dremel Idea For Larger Projects

Built this drill station for my dremel today, has a 21" throat depth, My small drill press only has a a hair over 4" of throat, so I needed something else for larger projects, also I like working with my dremel better when using tiny drill bits, I had dremel attached with zip ties, but I thought it would be more stable with a "U" bolt, and it isn't goin anywhere now, dremel needs to stay "plumb" so it's drilling straight, just another idea other than the drill press when you run out of throat depth, should handle all my needs. Smitty
    Attached Files
    Last edited by smitty0312; 10-30-2011, 01:29 PM. Reason: Modification
    Dan

My Gallery

That should do the job quite nicely. I have a drill press attachment for my dremel and it the piece is too large I can spin it around back wards.

Like this one.

"Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Dan, I've noticed the lack of throat with the Dremel too and sometimes even doing as Mike suggests means I still can't get what I want without taking the thing off the stand.

Maybe I misunderstand your picture, but doesn't it mean that as you push the dremel down that it follows the arc of a circle, with the arms describing the radius?
      Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Comment

I use the Dremel Plunger attachment to drill my holes. That way I can go around the pattern without having to move the wood.

George

Comment

Originally posted by weiner9696 View Post
          I use the Dremel Plunger attachment to drill my holes. That way I can go around the pattern without having to move the wood.

George
          Of course - why didn't I think of that. Good one George.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayo Farmer View Post
            Dan, I've noticed the lack of throat with the Dremel too and sometimes even doing as Mike suggests means I still can't get what I want without taking the thing off the stand.

Maybe I misunderstand your picture, but doesn't it mean that as you push the dremel down that it follows the arc of a circle, with the arms describing the radius?
            Last edited by smitty0312; 10-30-2011, 02:05 PM.
            Dan

My Gallery

Comment

Thanks for getting back Dan.

Comment

Brilliant idea. I am on my way to make it up now.

Than you
                Barry

Comment

Looks great,good thinking.
                  Tony

Comment

Great idea but before you spend a day in the shop making your own the plunge router attachment is $26.34 with free shipping at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Dremel-335-01-...0060284&sr=8-1
                    Scott
                    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• NC Scroller
                      Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                      by NC Scroller
                      My process is a bit different. Since I am using heat shrink bags when you seal the open end you trap a lot of air in them. When you start to heat the bag to shrink it you create a large bubble. I continue to heat the bag until it does pop a hole. I have been doing this for years. The shrink wrap...
                      Today, 07:42 AM
                    • will8989
                      by will8989
                      None Linda. You need to find the right heat temp so it shrinks but doesn’t put a hole in the wrap but the tape doesn’t shrink or tear.
                      Today, 12:20 AM
                    • Linda In Phoenix
                      by Linda In Phoenix
                      What thickness of film seems to work the best for puzzles?
                      The bags seem easier on the surface.
                      But the film seems like it is more versatile on size variations.
                      Yesterday, 03:24 PM
                    • will8989
                      Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                      by will8989
                      Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
                      Yesterday, 10:32 AM
                    • Sandy Oaks
                      by Sandy Oaks
                      As a framer, we have a shrinker wrapper at ArtCrafters. Very simple. Film on a roller, sealer attached, just roll off enough film, seal the film, insert object, seal other end and shrink with a heat gum. We also use Uline as a source. Not sure where our unit can from as it was with the shop when...
                      Yesterday, 09:46 AM
                    Working...
                    X