Black Lines or Red Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Lines or Red Lines

Since working with Judy Gale Roberts, I have appreciated her patterns coming with red lines rather than black. I find it easier to maintain a good cut on a red line. The blade doesn't blend with the red line as it does with the black.

It didn't seem hard to get used to and no retraining period was required. I have included a sample file if anyone wants to compare.

Thoughts?
    Arguments?
    Considerations?
    Ideas?

Can SSWC print patterns using red lines instead of black lines? Or is there a copyright issue happening there?
    Attached Files
    The good woodworker does not craft the wood for honor. He uses his craft to honor the wood.

Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

I agree with the red lines being easier to see. Luckily my printer will print in red so sometimes I scan the pattern, change the lines to red, then print it out.
      Dan H

I would rather be friendly to a stranger than be a stranger to my friends.

Comment

I like Red lines, but have found green to be almost as good. I also like a light gray in the areas to be cut out.. better for drilling holes.

I have used Inkscape to change colors of some files (PDF's) and to change there size.
        (I am not the one to give instructions, but after following a few tutorials, I got it to work. Maybe someone can point you to the right place.(I lost the links)
        The other John A. Nelson
        johnsworkshop.com
        sigpic
        I just follow the lines and make sawdust
        on a Seyco ST-21 and a Yellow DW788

Comment

The red line is easier to stay where you want the blade. Having a dark blade can get lost cutting into a black line. Once you go red, you will never go back.

Comment

Colored ink cartridges are too expensive. I'm cheap that way and prefer to use my black toner.
            "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
            Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

I've never cut with red lines, I can see why they would be easy to see.

Bob
              Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

Unless you're using the original to do your cutting, it's best they remain black because that gives the best copy.

I believe if the user want's a colored line, they can figure out how to do it. Then they can make it whatever color they want.

Comment

If you use Rapid Resizer it will print out the final pattern in red.
                  Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
                  Jean De La Bruyere...

l
                  Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• alexscrollsaw
                    It is so cute (Christmas deer)
                    by alexscrollsaw
                    "It is so cute" - it is the first what I hear when I show this project. I haven’t done 3D patterns for a long time (about a year), it’s quite difficult and takes a long time. But I don’t regret the time I spent on this new pattern - Christmas deer, I think it turned out great. It is...
                    Today, 02:03 PM
                  • markdavd
                    Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                    by markdavd
                    I've been using the bags from Amazon and a heat gun my wife bought when she was a preschool teacher. Unless you are wrapping of small parts, you don't need a sealer. Just fold it over and hold it with a small piece of scotch tape on the back. After you shrink it it's sealed enough to keep everything...
                    Today, 09:45 AM
                  • NC Scroller
                    by NC Scroller
                    My process is a bit different. Since I am using heat shrink bags when you seal the open end you trap a lot of air in them. When you start to heat the bag to shrink it you create a large bubble. I continue to heat the bag until it does pop a hole. I have been doing this for years. The shrink wrap...
                    Today, 07:42 AM
                  • will8989
                    by will8989
                    None Linda. You need to find the right heat temp so it shrinks but doesn’t put a hole in the wrap but the tape doesn’t shrink or tear.
                    Today, 12:20 AM
                  • Linda In Phoenix
                    by Linda In Phoenix
                    What thickness of film seems to work the best for puzzles?
                    The bags seem easier on the surface.
                    But the film seems like it is more versatile on size variations.
                    Yesterday, 03:24 PM
                  Working...
                  X