fire is a bummer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fire is a bummer

Wondering if I replace my Ecalibur, after the fire that ate Bastrop, Texas used my house for a snack, with a Hawk, Hegner or DeWalt. Will be a while before I have a place where I can use one. So your thoughts folks. You have a chance to completely start over from the ground up, literally.

Keep it the same or make a lot of changes? Where I'm building my new house there is a ten foot hieght limit, and I will have a big backyard. So build a woodworking shed under ten feet or add a lot of outlets to the garage?

Thanks for everything.

Sorry to hear of your tragic loss. I'd get another ex myself...Who needs a shop over 10 feet tall anyway? Make a 3 foot step down below ground...sunken shop would be cooler anyway.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

I would stay with the Ex. also. If mine ever goes out I will not hesitate a second on buying another. Sorry for you loss also.

Comment

Sorry for your loss. I'm with the others on the Ex.

Let us know which way you go.

Good luck
        Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Comment

EX! the only way to go!

Comment

I have the EX, a DeWalt Type I and a Hawk 220VS. The DeWalt has the best tension and the EX is the best saw. Your mileage and results may vary.
            Terry
            Got Moose?

Comment

Hate to hear that you were hit by the monstrous fire in Bastrop! At the same time my sister was evacuated from that tr-county fire down near Magnolia. This has been a really bad year for wildfires in Texas. Best of luck rebuilding & stick with an Ex 21!

Phil J.

Comment

I would suggest that you stick with the EX, I just got mine a couple of months ago and I can't ever imagine ever owning another brand again.
                Len

Comment

sorry too hear about the fire,i would stay with the EX,if i ever had one,
                  i just think its best too go with what you know,
                  if you use another make that you are not familar with,you just dont know what it will do.....
                  ..............................stick with what you know
                  not doing much
                  and busy doing it

having fun making sawdust.

http://www.customcutz4you.webs.com/

Comment

Thank you for all the kind words and I'll stay with the EX. Now just need to get one and rebuild my pattern and woodworking library.

Comment

So sorry for your losses.....I know Texas has had a rough time.....And God forbid everything I have burn down....but if I had to rebuild I would prefer complete separate shop from the garage and I would have to have a room inside the new shop for finish work with water access, heating and cooling and to have that away from the "dirty" areas.
                      If I paint now I have to do it in the house and I would prefer not to do that. It messes up the house.
                      Keep it outside until it's completed is my ideal way of doing this woodworking and painting hobby.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• tgiro01
                        Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                        by tgiro01
                        One issue I found with the insert that comes with the saw was the areas they smoothed for the kickback pawls. If the insert is leveled correctly, those areas are sitting about 1/32-inch below the table. I had a problem with some small pieces getting caught and jamming because of that. Sawstop's recommendation...
                        Today, 08:18 AM
                      • Rolf
                        Reply to Interesting pallet
                        by Rolf
                        That is a definit rescue for a special project. I rarely get or use any pallet wood. But did use some from the pallet that my drill press was on. It looked like pine but was was very hard, carefully checked for nails and ran it through the drum sander with some 80 grit to get rid of any small grit.
                        Today, 08:16 AM
                      • Quartz43
                        Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
                        by Quartz43
                        I wish I could post the video as it looks better with the lights blinking. I used some red clear plastic behind the eyes and nose. It was a fun project.
                        Yesterday, 07:29 PM
                      • Linda In Phoenix
                        Reply to Interesting pallet
                        by Linda In Phoenix
                        Maybe a star shining to tell us something? That piece of wood is a very special piece! Good eye.
                        Yesterday, 07:27 PM
                      • Misouri Wayne
                        Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                        by Misouri Wayne
                        Tough situation. Just have to take it one day at a time.
                        Yesterday, 04:55 PM
                      Working...
                      X