Diamond Plated Blades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diamond Plated Blades

The current issue of Harbor Freight has Diamond Plated blades for the scroll saw.
    Would be interesting to cut glass and ceramic tile. 2 blades for $2.49.

Anyone use these?

John

Old Dust

John,
    That might have been just the ticket for Carl and his stop-sign gecko. Oops! Do they have HF in Canada??
    T'would probably be a good thing to have on hand for any particularly tough cutting.
    Thanks for the heads-up.
    Sandy

Comment

That would have been perfect but no HF here.
      I do have mail though so I could order some.
      Thanks for the post.
      CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
      "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
      Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Carl,

Are you sure you foiks have mail?

Seems it moves awfully slow up that way.
        Kelly
        "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Comment

Well it can be slow yes. I ordered a pattern from a company in the US and it took one month to get here.

My paycheck is a direct deposit, If I am off work when the paystube go out I get a paystub in the mail the very next day.

I think much of it is the border.

As for the grin and the bottle I understand what you are saying
          Barry is also having the same problem.
          The only thing that does move slower than the mail service is a procrastinating scroller :P
          CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
          "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
          Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• handibunny
            Reply to EX dust collection holes screwed up a project.!
            by handibunny
            Rolf, smaller bowl-cutting angles, 30˚ or less, usually don't present a problem either with vibration or for cutting into the table. It's when you get into the 40˚ and 45˚ range that things get dicey for both. (The Seyco saw doesn't even cut bevels greater than 35˚ or so!) If you add even a slight...
            Today, 09:21 AM
          • Bill Wilson
            by Bill Wilson
            I've done some bevel cutting on my EX-21 as well and also have not experienced any added vibration, nor have I cut into the table. Perhaps I haven't cut at a steep enough angle, but the existing blade hole has been sufficient. I do despise the useless vacuum holes, but I've learned to live with them...
            Today, 09:06 AM
          • cwmagee
            by cwmagee
            Carole Your hole size was a concern when I purchased the Pegas Replacement Table for my EX21, because I had cut into the side of hole on the original table, The damage I did to the old table was due to the blade adjustments were not in the center of blade holders. So far that has not been an issue...
            Today, 08:40 AM
          • Rolf
            by Rolf
            That is an interesting point Carole. I have done some bevel cutting on the EX and can't say that I have experienced an increase in vibration or any problems with following the lines. I know when I cut one of your bowl designs on my Hawk I really had to concentrate on not pushing down hill....
            Today, 07:28 AM
          • handibunny
            by handibunny
            Just a word of caution about the size of the blade hole. When I used a DeWalt years ago in the infamous community woodshop, and also with my more recent experiences with the Jet, if you do much bevel cutting at a steep angle, you will cut into the table. That's why inserts have the slot that can be...
            Today, 06:21 AM
          Working...
          X