RBI/Bushton Mfg Is In Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RBI/Bushton Mfg Is In Business

Hello folks! I just bought a used RBI Hawk Scroll Saw Model 216VS this morning at a really good price. As the original owner said, this saw is in excellent condition. I was concern about buying an RBI because of what I read on the blogs & forums about RBI, that it was out of business so I email them over the weekend. Early this morning Nilus Orth emailed me back saying that Bushton Manufacturing bought them out and they sent me a link to download their new catalog which I printed off. The only thing he said that they're having trouble with is the ac variable speed motor & controllers. They're still trying to work out a few details about the company & their products but they're open to do business to all scroll sawers.
    Oh yeah one more thing, they are introducing a new portable saw called the Junior Hawk. It's supposed to have the quality of the Hawk Ultra series and the features of the Hawk G4 and then some. They are still in the process of working out a few problems with it. This saw is so new, they don't even have a price on it. One of the features was a zero clearance saw table insert to help in blade change out.
    They said just like in all RBI saws, the parts for this saw will be manufactured and assembled here in the good ol' USA. To me that's great news! - JoJo2

Not to sound all smart alecky but if you had asked here first we could have told you all that and more...Glad you got a good buy on a great saw though. One of their owners is a member here and posts once in awhile.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

What was the link to the new catalog? Their site gives very little info at the moment.

----Randy
      "Ever Striving, Never Arriving"

Comment

Ditto what Randy said. Please post the link to the catalog.
        I really like my Hawk.
        Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
        Desert Woodcrafters
        Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

Comment

RBI / Bushton Mfg. Catalog Link

Randy & StephenD, here's that Bushton Mfg. ( RBI) catalog link. I hope it works.
          Scroll Saw Section.pdf
          8155K View Download I imagine it can be a slow process whenever someone buys out another company and tries to mimic it's production line. Does anyone know why RBI got out of the business? - JoJo2

Comment

JoJo2, thanks but the links do not work for me. I am not sure about others. Any way you could e-mail the pdf file to me? [email protected].
            I own two RBI Hawks, One is 220VS and other is older 220-2 speed. Both still operate smoothly and very well. Thanks, Paul

Comment

Rushton pdf

Paul, it's on it's way. - JoJo2

Comment

RBI / Bushton Mfg. Catalog Link

I meant Bushton pdf.

Comment

Thanks JoJo2. I sent a request to Bushton and they e-mailed the Scroll Saw section to me. Thanks again

Comment

Why is that link not on their web page?
                    Has anyone seen or used one of the new scaled down saws?
                    Rolf
                    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Scale Down Saw?

Rolf,
                      What do you mean by, "Has anyone seen or used one of the new scaled down saws "? If you mean the Junior Hawk, I was told that it's still in the making process and currently not being sold. They don't even have a price for it yet.
                      If this not what you mean, is there another current scaled down saw that Bushton Mfg (the new owners of RBI Co,) put out that I'm not aware of? - JoJo2

Comment

The Junior Hawk is here http://hawkwoodworkingtools.com/ Lists for $850.00. Kind of pricy in my opinion.

Tom

Comment

JoJo2,
                          I think in the early stages of development they took one to one of the shows. I was wondering if anyone had tried it then.
                          Tom,
                          Even though they have it on the homepage I am not sure that it is available yet. (as JoJo said)
                          If this saw does indeed combine features of the G4 it would be worth the $850 to me. I would buy one just to take to my meetings since the I can't take my 104lb G4 monster.
                          Rolf
                          RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

JoJo would you also send that to me at [email protected]
                            Grazi
                            Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
                            Desert Woodcrafters
                            Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

Comment

Hawk Manuals

See if this works
                              http://web.archive.org/web/20061025043527/http://www.rbiwoodtools.com/toolusermanuals.html

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X