Clean Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clean Shop

My shop is very easy to keep clean and it's all because of a "Shop Tip" that was in one of the woodworking magazines, all of 18 or 20 years ago. this little addition to my shop vac lets me clean in 20 or 30 mins. Also being a Garage shop, every once in awhile I put a 20" window fan in, open the door, fire up the compressor and blow everything from the rafters on down to the machines and benches. Don
    Attached Files

Pretty good Idea helps keep the nozzle up off the floor just about the right height. Thanks I may give it a go.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

That is a great idea Don. I will have try that...

Comment

If that is your vacuum, it's a great idea. But, why not do that with your leaf blower too.
        Just so it wouldn't blow it back at you, being lifted like that. It would save your arms from holding it up off the floor. Just a thought !
        PERK

Comment

clean shop

Originally posted by ubgoofy2003 View Post
          If that is your vacuum, it's a great idea. But, why not do that with your leaf blower too.
          Just so it wouldn't blow it back at you, being lifted like that. It would save your arms from holding it up off the floor. Just a thought !
          I'm not sure what you mean, that's my hose to my 16gal. shop vac, those small wheels keep the nozzle off the floor and rolls very easy. I pull the vac around by the hose which rolls very easy. The notch cut in the front of the nozzle lets me roll over shavings without having to pick up the nozzle. Don

Comment

Great Idea Don...I see one of those set ups in my shop as well very soon. How do you keep the wheels and axle attached to the vac head?
            Hawaiilad
            Larry

Comment

clean shop

Originally posted by Hawaiilad View Post
              Great Idea Don...I see one of those set ups in my shop as well very soon. How do you keep the wheels and axle attached to the vac head?
              They are 1 1/2" toy wheels with 1/4" holes, drilled the ends of the nozzle 1/4" holes at a height that keeps the nozzle 1/4" off the floor, and glued a length of 1/4" dowel to the wheels. Don

Comment

Thanks for the tip.
                Tony

Comment

Great tip, I also see this on my shop vac very soon, I hate when my floor attachment gets sucked to the floor or matts and does not move. This will help eliminate that problem. Thanks

Bob

Comment

Very good setup for any shop vac. Shops need to be kept clean, not only for efficiency, but also for safety and good work habits. Your vac jig is awesome and may help some folks keep their shops clean and injury free. Thanks for the post!
                    It's never hot or cold in NH, it's always seasonal!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X