Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carter-Johnson
    replied
    Marcel....Those animals in your picture are friends of mine and they're having a party without me! Thanks

Mike..... this one took a total, I think, of just under seven hours at the saw, spread over a week or so.

C

Leave a comment:

• Marcel in Longueuil
    replied
    Happy 500th

Bravo Carter,

A masterpiece celebration of a milestone.

Respectfully,
    Marcel

Leave a comment:

• Minnesota scroller
    replied
    Simply amazing, Carter. I wouldn't attempt this in my wildest fantasies. How much time do you have in this puzzle?

Leave a comment:

• PeteB
    replied
    500 pieces! Knowing you, Carter, it probably came out on the button right off, without any fudging. Your cutting is like clockwork. Pardon me for remarking on your consistency yet again, but it is extraordinary. Show me any piece of that puzzle, and I'd know it was yours.

Here's to another 500!

Pete

Leave a comment:

• Marsha
    replied
    BRAVO Carter, excellent job. You are a very ambitious man.
    Thanks for sharing
    Marsha

Leave a comment:

• Carter-Johnson
    replied
    Jeff, it's a picture from a calendar, as are most of my puzzles. It's glued on the 1/4" plywood with Aileen's Tacky Glue. You can see some other puzzles of mine at

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...9642&members=1

Carter

Leave a comment:

• wwalker47
    replied
    Congrats

Carter-

Wow . 500 and 500 that is truly amazing. A brilliant job!

Congratulations.

-Bill

Leave a comment:

• workin for wood
    replied
    That's an amazing puzzle. Is it a photo glued on, or is it painted then cut out?

Leave a comment:

• Gill
    replied
    Congratulations on the 500, Carter.

I don't know how you manage it, but your puzzles keep getting better and better. Every time you post a new one, I ask myself how you can possibly beat it; then you post another, and take your art to new heights.

Gill

Leave a comment:

• Carter-Johnson
    replied
    Yes, Theresa, I flipped the image horizontally before I posted it, meaning that it's bass-ackwards from the way it appears when you look at it, but it's a great deal easier to identify images and pieces this way when comparing it to the front picture.

(If the above paragraph makes sense, I'm amazed!)

C

Leave a comment:

• Forester21
    replied
    Fantastic Carter!! What a milestone for you!!!
    Now - do my eyes deceive me?? "Antiques" is correct on the back? Or is that what you mean by the reversed back?
    Theresa

Leave a comment:

• bearfretworks
    replied
    Congrats!

Well done, sir! Another quality challenge by the puzzlemaster. Can't wait to see the 750 piece #750!!!

Leave a comment:

• Carter-Johnson
    started a topic #500

You asked for it....

My 500th puzzle: a double event because it has 500 pieces! (my previous "record" was 438). No one has put it together yet, but I imagine that it will be pretty difficult with the small pieces. (The whole Susan Winget calendar picture is only 13" x 10.5") It's made from 5-ply poplar and cut with a total of three Flying Dutchman 2/0 puzzle blades.

I have sharpened the following photos of the front and reversed back so you hopefully can see the pieces.

As always, I welcome comments and questions, either through this forum or if you'd like to email me at [email protected]

Have phun.....Carter

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X