No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You asked for it....

My 500th puzzle: a double event because it has 500 pieces! (my previous "record" was 438). No one has put it together yet, but I imagine that it will be pretty difficult with the small pieces. (The whole Susan Winget calendar picture is only 13" x 10.5") It's made from 5-ply poplar and cut with a total of three Flying Dutchman 2/0 puzzle blades.

I have sharpened the following photos of the front and reversed back so you hopefully can see the pieces.

As always, I welcome comments and questions, either through this forum or if you'd like to email me at [email protected]

Have phun.....Carter

Congrats!

Well done, sir! Another quality challenge by the puzzlemaster. Can't wait to see the 750 piece #750!!!
    ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Fantastic Carter!! What a milestone for you!!!
      Now - do my eyes deceive me?? "Antiques" is correct on the back? Or is that what you mean by the reversed back?
      Theresa
      Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

Yes, Theresa, I flipped the image horizontally before I posted it, meaning that it's bass-ackwards from the way it appears when you look at it, but it's a great deal easier to identify images and pieces this way when comparing it to the front picture.

(If the above paragraph makes sense, I'm amazed!)

C

Comment

Congratulations on the 500, Carter.

I don't know how you manage it, but your puzzles keep getting better and better. Every time you post a new one, I ask myself how you can possibly beat it; then you post another, and take your art to new heights.

Gill
          There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
          (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

That's an amazing puzzle. Is it a photo glued on, or is it painted then cut out?
            Jeff Powell

Comment

Congrats

Carter-

Wow . 500 and 500 that is truly amazing. A brilliant job!

Congratulations.

-Bill
              -Bill

My saw is a DeWalt788 Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Comment

Jeff, it's a picture from a calendar, as are most of my puzzles. It's glued on the 1/4" plywood with Aileen's Tacky Glue. You can see some other puzzles of mine at

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...9642&members=1

Carter

Comment

BRAVO Carter, excellent job. You are a very ambitious man.
                  Thanks for sharing
                  Marsha
                  LIFE'S SHORT, USE IT WELL

Comment

500 pieces! Knowing you, Carter, it probably came out on the button right off, without any fudging. Your cutting is like clockwork. Pardon me for remarking on your consistency yet again, but it is extraordinary. Show me any piece of that puzzle, and I'd know it was yours.

Here's to another 500!

Pete

Comment

Simply amazing, Carter. I wouldn't attempt this in my wildest fantasies. How much time do you have in this puzzle?
                      Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
                      www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

Happy 500th

Bravo Carter,

A masterpiece celebration of a milestone.

Respectfully,
                        Marcel
                        http://marleb.com
                        DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Marcel....Those animals in your picture are friends of mine and they're having a party without me! Thanks

Mike..... this one took a total, I think, of just under seven hours at the saw, spread over a week or so.

C

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                            Farmers market "survey"
                            by Linda In Phoenix
                            Curiosity regarding farmers markets.
                            I have only looked into a few, and I know that each one has different requirements.
                            For those of you who do them, what are 'typical' requirements for yours?

The nearest one to me that might have potential, and allows crafters requires:...
                            Today, 11:14 AM
                          • Linda In Phoenix
                            Reply to Farmers market
                            by Linda In Phoenix
                            Truly a nice display. I'm happy for you! Our nearest 2 farmers markets are still food items only as county and city covid rules are still being applied. Our best nearby one is on county parks department property and they haven't lifted essential business and crowd restrictions yet. But the food...
                            Today, 11:00 AM
                          • Linda In Phoenix
                            Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                            by Linda In Phoenix
                            Sawstop instructions are some of the best I've ever worked with. Each part comes labeled with a letter to match instructions, hardware in color coded and labeled to match labels and colors in instructions. Full poster size instructions with pics in addition to manual instructions. Could only find one...
                            Today, 09:57 AM
                          • Rolf
                            Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                            by Rolf
                            So glad they were supportive, it is a bit disappointing that they had to be. But like any tool manufacturer they have to out source many of the components like the motor. At least the motor is mounted externally for an easy change. How true was the blade to the miter slots etc.
                            I like the fact...
                            Today, 08:34 AM
                          • will8989
                            Reply to Farmers market
                            by will8989
                            Steve posted it about 2 weeks ago. I just put out a small sampling of items to see what people are interested in. Seems to be everything! I did notice I had more credit charges than last year. But the ones who paid cash were the ones who paid $7 for a gallon of milk and $10 for a loaf of sourdough bread....
                            Today, 08:17 AM
                          Working...
                          X