Excalibur cutting skewed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excalibur cutting skewed

Haven't been scrolling much lately, last time I used it it was working fine. Today, could hardly cut a straight line to save my life. It wants to skew off to the right.
    Tightened what screws I could, the plastic auto tightening mechanism in the front of the arm seems to have quite a bit of wiggle, don't know if its supposed to be that way or what.
    Has anyone else had this problem ?

The only time I've ever had that happen on any saw is when the blade somehow got twisted. Have you tried a few different blades to see if you get the same result?

Comment

Sounds like not enough tension on the blade.
      Dan in So.Ca.

Comment

I've had that happen many times with a twisted blade. Doesn't take much, just a little twist with the saw not running. Can't tell by looking or feeling the blade, but it won't cut straight for anything! Sometimes when I'm sitting a little differently the blade seems to want to cut differently, but not by that much.

David

David Griffin
        Tuliptree Craft
        s

Comment

I have E21 you should not have any play in the tension knob in the front. Is your blade tight if it is maybe a twisted blade.you ain't using a spiral blade are you?

Comment

May also be the blade with a burr on the back side. Give Ray a call.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
              Reply to My beauties
              by will8989
              He puts biscuts between the long pieces, is that what you meant? He has stainless screws in the lips then puts the plugs on top of that. Scott, cutting one doesn’t take long. It’s the removing of the tiny drill hole, spraying each piece with distilled water, letting dry, sanding and sometimes flap...
              Today, 10:55 AM
            • Rolf
              Reply to Cutting guide for straight cut on a scroolsaw
              by Rolf
              Like Bob said clamp a straight edge to the table and adjust it to compensate for the blade drift. There are some blades that have no or very little drift. Like the Olson PGT series it also seems to me that the Pegas MGT 3 or larger cut very straight....
              Today, 07:54 AM
            • Rolf
              Reply to My beauties
              by Rolf
              I now you do beautiful work but I have to say your attention to details on these baskets is impressive. soft smooth edges, no visible glue squeeze out. And of course the cutting boards are beautiful. I am guessing that Bruce cut a spline in the end of the board and then dowels. I have not seen that...
              Today, 07:49 AM
            • NC Scroller
              Reply to My beauties
              by NC Scroller
              You are one busy lady. About how long does it take to cut one?
              Today, 05:51 AM
            • NC Scroller
              Reply to Hegner Multimax-18 for sale Tucson
              by NC Scroller
              Good luck.
              Today, 05:47 AM
            Working...
            X