Excalibur cutting skewed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excalibur cutting skewed

Haven't been scrolling much lately, last time I used it it was working fine. Today, could hardly cut a straight line to save my life. It wants to skew off to the right.
    Tightened what screws I could, the plastic auto tightening mechanism in the front of the arm seems to have quite a bit of wiggle, don't know if its supposed to be that way or what.
    Has anyone else had this problem ?

The only time I've ever had that happen on any saw is when the blade somehow got twisted. Have you tried a few different blades to see if you get the same result?

Comment

Sounds like not enough tension on the blade.
      Dan in So.Ca.

Comment

I've had that happen many times with a twisted blade. Doesn't take much, just a little twist with the saw not running. Can't tell by looking or feeling the blade, but it won't cut straight for anything! Sometimes when I'm sitting a little differently the blade seems to want to cut differently, but not by that much.

David

David Griffin
        Tuliptree Craft
        s

Comment

I have E21 you should not have any play in the tension knob in the front. Is your blade tight if it is maybe a twisted blade.you ain't using a spiral blade are you?

Comment

May also be the blade with a burr on the back side. Give Ray a call.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
              Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
              by Linda In Phoenix
              That insert definitely is an issue they need to bring up to the standards and quality of the rest of the machine!

I did the modification they recommended on mine so it wouldn't rub the blade. And, sure enough their supplied blade had blown out 2 of the tips on the teeth because of the...
              Today, 11:25 AM
            • tgiro01
              Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
              by tgiro01
              One issue I found with the insert that comes with the saw was the areas they smoothed for the kickback pawls. If the insert is leveled correctly, those areas are sitting about 1/32-inch below the table. I had a problem with some small pieces getting caught and jamming because of that. Sawstop's recommendation...
              Today, 08:18 AM
            • Rolf
              Reply to Interesting pallet
              by Rolf
              That is a definit rescue for a special project. I rarely get or use any pallet wood. But did use some from the pallet that my drill press was on. It looked like pine but was was very hard, carefully checked for nails and ran it through the drum sander with some 80 grit to get rid of any small grit.
              Today, 08:16 AM
            • Quartz43
              Reply to Carved Fretwork Pumpkin
              by Quartz43
              I wish I could post the video as it looks better with the lights blinking. I used some red clear plastic behind the eyes and nose. It was a fun project.
              Yesterday, 07:29 PM
            • Linda In Phoenix
              Reply to Interesting pallet
              by Linda In Phoenix
              Maybe a star shining to tell us something? That piece of wood is a very special piece! Good eye.
              Yesterday, 07:27 PM
            Working...
            X