Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four Seasons

Hi

I've search, unsuccessfuly, for designs/images representing each of the four seasons, winter, spring etc.

Can someone point me in the right direction to find these designs/patterns - I am looking for inspiration!

Many thanks
    Tony Ward

My quilt squares were the four seasons.
    Basically one background image embellished with things relating to each season.

Just a thought. I went online and looked at weather pictures, climate, Icons, all kinds of stuff before I settled on this.

Also Type in four seasons in a google image search there are some nice logos that could be used as a reference.
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

CanadianScroller

Thank you for adding to my inspiritational lust!

Comment

those quilt pictures are pretty nice, what is it, stacked plywood and paint? if so, you're a pretty good painter.
        Jeff Powell

Comment

OK trade secret I will tell you all but then you have to eat the computer monitor and not divulge it to anyone.

I am really not that good a painter. I use heat to transfer pen and ink style clipart to baltic birch ply.

Then I used thinned acrylic paints to colour the images in.

The dogwoods still have the printed paper on them and I painted that with thinned paints too.

So break out the salt shaker and start chowin down
          CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ

Comment

Ok, but still, that's a great little cheat system. kudo's to you.
            Jeff Powell

Comment

Carl,

That's a great tip

Thanks,
              Marcel
              http://marleb.com
              DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Some ideas never die

I was searching online for a way to use a laser printer to print driectly onto the wood.

This would be good for patterns and also for "painting" and faux woodburning.
                Well I did come close at a site called Hackaday.
                I have several old HP laser printers to tear apart and electrocute myself with...Yes I know of the high voltage and what precautions I must take so no one needs to remind me.

Anyway I found another idea on the Hackaday site. They transfer the toner to copper circuit boards with heat transfer.

Someone there used a cheap laminator from on office supply store to transfer toner from a sheet of photopaper to a copper circuit board. The same process could transfer the toner to wood.
                The paper/wood sandwich may need to be put through the machine several times but the heat and pressure would be even and consistant.
                Best thing is I saw a few surplus machines at Wallmart for under 20 bucks.... I may have to go shopping and try it out.

Can you imagine a scrollsaw project on a preprinted sheet of BalticBirch ply. No paper to glue or remove? Just cut and enjoy!

Carl

Comments are welcome.......except about the laser printers
                CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ

Comment

I would think that getting rid of the residual tonner may be a pain.
                  Just a thought. It would be interesting to see how you make out.
                  You may be creating a whole new product line and industry.
                  Rolf
                  RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                  Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                  Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                  And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Carl,
                    I've done something similar with a photo copier and transparency film. With the copier I had to make one image as a transparency and then turn it over to copy again as a mirror image. Then the new (reversed) copy could be used to heat transfer the toner on to the wood. (I was going to use my wife's clothes iron but she wasn't too receptive to that idea ) I imagine that with a laser printer it would be easier because the software can reverse the image for you without the extra printing step.

Bruce
                    Bruce
                    . . . because each piece will be someone's heirloom someday.
                    visit sometime
                    Hawk 220VS, Delta 40-570

Comment

My son used to be a service rep for HP printers. We have several surplus ones....just no toner!

I am going to eventually rip one apart.....but every one here knows what I procrastinator I am.
                      CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                        Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                        by will8989
                        Will check out amazon tomorrow. Thanks.
                        Today, 09:53 PM
                      • will8989
                        Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                        by will8989
                        Well, I used to get my shrink wrap rolls from AC Moore, and just used the last roll😟. I use a heat gun but lately and only shrink the Sealife puzzles to keep the pieces in place. I only use it on puzzles because of my display board otherwise I would have broken pieces all over the place. Also easier...
                        Today, 09:49 PM
                      • will8989
                        Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                        by will8989
                        He’s gotten me through some pretty tough times and always has my back so It’s the least I can do. Good thing I had the freezer stocked! That has been a time saver. I made a pot of chili on Sunday and got 6 meals out of it! As for payback, I’m getting a new shed in the spring! I had to do my flap...
                        Today, 09:32 PM
                      • will8989
                        Reply to Sundays market
                        by will8989
                        We did. I only went $40 over budget. I got a 73” x 12” x 3/4” curly cherry for $55. Just needs to be run through the sander and cut to size. It’s a pinkish cherry and is so pretty. A piece of deep red redwood, 2 pieces of walnut each about 12” wide. Good haul.
                        Today, 08:56 PM
                      • Jim McDonald
                        Reply to Interesting pallet
                        by Jim McDonald
                        I have harvested some very interesting specimens in the last 10 years. Bookmatched ash that was absolutely beautiful; red oak, maple, some spalted "something" and more.
                        But since most of the cross boards on pallets are 3 to 4 nches wide and 3/8" to 5/8", I have few uses for...
                        Today, 08:17 PM
                      Working...
                      X