belt buckle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• belt buckle

a simple belt buckle i did using three types of wood, the middle one is brazilian cherry, know localy as 'guapinol' the sides are honduran rosewood. the clear one is 'huesito'. finished with a generic sealer and then two coats of spray can polyurethane.
    i know you may not get the names but till i find a way to compare the types of wood that you have there i think the local names will do for now.

have a nice night..

N.

Awesome belt buckle!

Comment

Nice work nayo.
      Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Comment

Beautiful! Where do you get the hardware? How do you attach the hardware to the wood?
        DeWalt 788

Comment

Didtoe Sally's questions?
          Paw Paw Ray

http://www.etsy.com/shop/PawPawsWorkshop

Comment

thanks!

here they sell this normal buckles(that one had some rhinestones attached to it but i sand them of) in a hardware store that sell leather(the whole cow hide) but they don't sell the blanks, sadly. anyway i use clear epoxy to joint the buckle to the wood and that seems to work fine, this is the firts one i make, if that is not enough, i will drill holes in the metal and use small screw to secure it a little more.
            but so far is working the way its done.

now i will try to put inlays on the new ones.

Nayo

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
              Reply to My computer issues.
              by Rolf
              Linda,
              Quote, I kept my old computer even though it was barely alive simply due to one particular program...Picassa by Google...which they removed from the market years ago. It worked like a combo photo and editing program but easier. It could take a photo and change it to a line drawing beautifully...
              Today, 08:41 AM
            • RJweb
              by RJweb
              Buy an apple and keep the computer dr away, RJ...
              Today, 08:39 AM
            • Rolf
              Reply to New turning tools
              by Rolf
              Thanks for posting Carole, Depending on what other time consuming distractions I have I might just have to do a wavy bowl.
              Also for reminding me that I have your books on my shelf for inspiration!!
              This will also be the first time I use the Excalibur to cut the rings instead of fighting...
              Today, 08:27 AM
            • NC Scroller
              by NC Scroller
              There is a free software package by GLARY Utilities by glarysoft that our local computer club uses to clean junk off do hard drives and defrag. They recommend running it monthly. You should also check for malware which most antivirus software does not prevent.

https://www.glarysoft....
              Today, 07:57 AM
            • handibunny
              Reply to New turning tools
              by handibunny
              Actually, Jim, I'm delighted that making bowls with the scroll saw is still a viable part of the scroll saw repertoire.

In truth, the scroll saw part involves only the creation of the blank and the cutting of the concentric rings. That's what distinguishes scroll saw segmentation (both...
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 2 photos.
              Today, 07:44 AM
            Working...
            X