Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just received the following question by email. I would like to hear what your...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just received the following question by email. I would like to hear what your...

Hi all,

I just received the following question by email. I would like to hear what your answers would be.

Pedro,

How much would you charge to build the Eiffel Tower model seen on your
    website..?

Pedro.
    http://www.finescrollsaw.com

As much as you can PLUS 50%
    Fred
    aka Pop's Shop
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!.

Comment

How much can you afford? Or if you have to ask...you can't afford it.
      Fred

There's a fine line between woodworking and insanity, I'm just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

Comment

How long does it take to build?
        What are the material costs ?
        What is your time worth?

There is no specific answer, but definitely add a value for the "art" aspect.
        You are a true artist Pedro, and no you don't need to go hungry because of it.

You want to do it for the fun of it: charge a little and be sure of the sale.
        You have built it for fun already in the past, and this is a commissioned piece of art from an artist?

Go for the gold, figure out your costs and labor, then at a minimum double it.

The more you charge, the more they will figure they have a piece of art worth something (people are weird that way) if you don't charge enough they think it's a cheap wooden thingy.

On a different note: How did the build for the theatre group go? is it done? do you have pictures of it?

Good luck,
        Marcel
        http://marleb.com
        DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X