Maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maintenance

Hoping that someone can help. My scroll saw needs oiling and reading the manual it says use SAE20 oil, is this just motor oil?

Dave

yes it is SAE20 Motor oil
    Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
    "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

I use 3 in 1 oil on my saws
      Hawaiilad
      Larry

Comment

Thank you very much

Dave

Comment

Hello Dave
          Oil your saw after use the while bearings are warm. The oil soaks in better over idle time with less chance oil will dripping on your workpiece. SAE#20 oil is slight bit thicker. Most oils catch dirt so when starting up after serviceing run the saw ror few seconds then clean drips if any. Good Quality sewing machine or clock oil will not leave residues but are thin like 3 in 1 oil.
          make dust
          Norman

Comment

G'day Dave,
            Every couple of months I give my saw a good blow out, and put few drops of oil on any and every moving part. I then run it for a few minutes and wipe any excess oil of, especially on the parts that may throw oil onto stuff I'm working on.
            Regards
            John
            "The Golden Mile"John Wayne
            Some of my Stuff
            Retired Medically Unfit Police Officers ***.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• cwmagee
              Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
              by cwmagee
              Jim,

Should you ever get bored, you may have found a new retirement/career "Key Board Repair Service"
              Today, 03:36 PM
            • Sandy Oaks
              Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
              by Sandy Oaks
              So true about letting the blade do to cutting....
              Today, 02:56 PM
            • NC Scroller
              Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
              by NC Scroller
              I have made a number of those Harvey puzzles. They are a lot of fun. You really need to be patient and let the blade cut. Even the slightest pressure can ruin your puzzle piece fit. My go to is a Pegas #3 MGT....
              Today, 11:24 AM
            • NC Scroller
              Reply to Big week here
              by NC Scroller
              Congrats on your pending retirement and gaining a new daughter. I have been retired close to 6 years now and I have no idea where the time went. Yes retirement will mean some adjustment but I can tell you it is the best job I have ever had. By the way. If you think retirement means unlimited shop...
              Today, 11:18 AM
            • jim_mex
              Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
              by jim_mex
              Thanks to all for the kind comments.

Norma and I are still growing into our 'new' home but are really happy that we got this work done and everyone who has seen the transformation have been wowed.

From my side I'm really pleased with how my kitchen extension idea worked out....
              Today, 09:17 AM
            Working...
            X