Maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maintenance

Hoping that someone can help. My scroll saw needs oiling and reading the manual it says use SAE20 oil, is this just motor oil?

Dave

yes it is SAE20 Motor oil
    Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
    "No PHD, just a DD 214"

Comment

I use 3 in 1 oil on my saws
      Hawaiilad
      Larry

Comment

Thank you very much

Dave

Comment

Hello Dave
          Oil your saw after use the while bearings are warm. The oil soaks in better over idle time with less chance oil will dripping on your workpiece. SAE#20 oil is slight bit thicker. Most oils catch dirt so when starting up after serviceing run the saw ror few seconds then clean drips if any. Good Quality sewing machine or clock oil will not leave residues but are thin like 3 in 1 oil.
          make dust
          Norman

Comment

G'day Dave,
            Every couple of months I give my saw a good blow out, and put few drops of oil on any and every moving part. I then run it for a few minutes and wipe any excess oil of, especially on the parts that may throw oil onto stuff I'm working on.
            Regards
            John
            "The Golden Mile"John Wayne
            Some of my Stuff
            Retired Medically Unfit Police Officers ***.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• MidMich324
              Reply to hegner 2"
              by MidMich324
              Just Wondering...

Is the table size on the 22" hegner saw as on the 18" hegner saw?

With the 22" inch one you get 4 more inches of depth of cut but do you also get a few more inches of table?
              Yesterday, 09:30 PM
            • will8989
              Reply to Spring Issue
              by will8989
              I had to fool around with copying and taping a pattern again today. This wasn’t as bad as the fish, but still a pain. I use rapid resizer. Scan a pattern, put in size I want and it prints it out. If more than one page, it numbers each page at the top and I tape them together. Had the fish pattern...
              Yesterday, 09:28 PM
            • millwab
              Reply to Peanuts #1
              by millwab
              Rolf, I cover it with clear contact paper (comes off clean without leaving a residue) and draw a grid for the direction I want to cut (ie horizontal or diagonal) to keep the rows even. The rest is all freehand....
              Yesterday, 02:51 PM
            • Don in Brooklin On
              Reply to Spring Issue
              by Don in Brooklin On
              Rolf

I use acrobat reader. The poster feature will enlarge and if it goes to multiple pages it will put in cut marks. Even if the page is over letter size it will spread to multiple pages at 100%.

If it is in PDF form you can open with Inkscape or GIMP and select what you...
              Yesterday, 01:48 PM
            • theframer
              Reply to YoraHome Laser w/CNC Engraver/Router
              by theframer
              Hi Linda, great find...I think.

Please keep us up to date with any information you receive. I would really like to get into this, but my computer skills are almost nonexistent, I need something that a 74 year old air head 🙄 can figure out. Thanks for sharing.

Rick
              Yesterday, 12:05 PM
            Working...
            X