Need for Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need for Speed

Finished this one tonite, it's cut on 1/4 maple with a tung oil finish and I used FD #1 spiral blade.
    Attached Files
    Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Very nice Bill. I assume the reason you went to a larger blade than normal is because maple is harder than BB ply. I know you normally use size 2/0. How wide is this board?
    Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
    www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

very nice Bill excellent scrolling
      Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

The truth be known Mike, I only have a few 2/0 blades left and I want to use them on tomorrows project I've got more ordered, they just haven't arrived yet.
        The board measures 7 1/2 x 12.

Thanks Mike, Daryl for the compliments.
        Bill

DeWalt 788

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Bill, by any chance do you have some time you could sell me? You been cutting cutting cutting , and Im just dying for a chance to get back at scrolling!!! Lookin good too, keep it up. Oh, and also, you did an Elvis recently correct? Who was the designer of that pattern, I found an elvis fanatic that might enjoy a portrait. Thanks, Dale
          Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Bill,

Another great cut.

Isn't your wife getting lonely, or is she involved in some way in your newfound passion?

Regards,
            Marcel
            http://marleb.com
            DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Nice work, Who designed the patern?
              Rolf
              RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
              Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
              Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
              And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Man ya'll are starting to give me a guilt complex

I do have the wife helping out in several ways, first she cuts the black felt backers for me and applies them to the backer board, she brings me something to drink when ever I ask for it (cuz she loves me).

Really, I dont feel I spend a whole lot of time at the saw, I try to get 2-3 hours a day on it and at least 8-10 hours over a two day period when I am off work (my day job) well sometimes I do have a scroll a thon on my days off and I will spend more like 10 hours at the saw on each day off.

The "Need for Speed" piece took me an hour and 20 min. to cut, I then spent about an hour staining several pieces I had already cut, then mounting several others that I had previously stained and that where ready for mounting. I also took about 15 min. to apply the pattern and to drill the holes on the JZ project I am going to start here this afternoon, time management at it's best

Except for a couple of shows on TV, I'd rather be at my saw, and when ever I take a break from cutting or watching TV, I stop by here to see what ya'll are up to.

Sleep? Bah! Plenty of time to sleep when we die.........

Rolf, it is a Charles Dearing pattern.
                Bill

DeWalt 788

Comment

Awesome job Bill.

Your comments on the time you spend on the saw kinda get procrastinators like me in trouble
                  See I can always say, "that project will take me hours"
                  Well it would about 3 hours to decide when was the right time to cut and then another hour cutting.

The funny thing is I really enjoy cutting. I just need to get over the procrastination part. I saw a book at the store the other day about beating procrastination. I may pick it up sometime.

Back to the cyclist. That is great pattern. I may have to break down and get some more spirals.
                  CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
                  "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
                  Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

AWESOME job Bill!!! Thanks for your time management description. I am hoping to get some more shop time soon. Flooring business and back are starting to conflict more often. Starting to turn down some jobs just to get a day off. Sometimes it is hard when $$ is good.
                    Keep up the great work and looking forward to your next 'masterpiece'.

Tim
                    "All it Takes For the Forces of EVIL to Rule Is For Enough GOOD People To DO NOTHING!"

Saws: Excaliber 30; Dewalt 788 'Twins', Makita SJ401 (Retired), Grizzly G1012 18" Bandsaw

Comment

Bill, you do great work, you are like a machine turning out all those pictures.

Bob
                      Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

Great job Bill!! Nice to see some REAL wood being cut........
                        ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Bill, I was about to ask too..... if you might have some little grimmlens helping you out,. Its good to see your wife is in on all of it. she is a jewel for sure. you are a master for sure. and I love that you take time , to come in a shar with us. you inspire me. my biggest problem in my wood work, is finding the woods i need. and then milling them. trying to keep them flat. and darn they never do here in the deasert. but . i know it is posabale . with all your great post. you just keep cutting, and sharing. I never get tired of seening your work. your friend Evie

Comment

You know Bear, it was nice to cut something else beside plywood. I like maple, and am going to try some other woods in the near future........

Thanks again everyone for looking and all the great compliments. ya'll are the best!
                            Bill

DeWalt 788

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X