Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Latest Project (A new pattern record!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Latest Project (A new pattern record!)

The spar varnish finally finished drying on this thing. This is a new personal pattern record for myself. This had a whopping 9 cuts total!
    It's cut from 1" Ash.
    Attached Files
    Kevin
    Scrollsaw Patterns Online
    Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Kevin I love that . so simpale but very attractive. really love that horse. and your lettering is sooooooooooo well done. but 9 cuts. after what you have been doing latly. you must have whiped that out in like what 2 minuts. nice nice. Evie

Comment

Ash !

Run out of woodworm, Kevin? Run out of BBP? Fancied giving your saw a bit of a workout on some proper hardwood?

You won't be surprised to hear that I love this project. Is it your own design? And did you shape the board with a router (which is how I would have gone about it) or did you scroll it?

Gill
      There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
      (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Thanks Gill and Evie. Yep Gill, it's my own design, and no, I didn't run out of BB ply (thanks for the chuckle though). I've been trying for simpler designs to go with my slightly detailed ones, this is the first of what should be several different of this type (fairly easy) that I have in the to-be-cut pile.
        As far as the board itself, I scrolled it as I didn't have a template to use with a router. Here's my little secret for this one, I found a big pot and used the lid and just eyeballed it 'till it looked "right" and traced around the lid (don't tell my wife that I used one of her pots, LOL).
        You're welcome to the pattern if you'd like it btw.
        Kevin
        Scrollsaw Patterns Online
        Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

Another case of less is more.

Great job.
          CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
          "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
          Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

I'm sure I saw a pig fly past my window just now. Could it be in recognition of me asking Kevin for a copy of his pattern?

Seriously, I think that's a mighty pattern and it reminds me so much of the Spanish Lipizaner horses.

There's an easier way to produce the background board Kevin has cut with his scrollsaw. Just find a retailer that sells cut-outs for craftworkers to paint (they're usually available in poplar or MDF) and use them as templates in conjunction with a router. Okay, it'll cost a little for the templates, but once you've got them you've got them. Oval templates are often available from such sources, and I'm sure we all know how hard it is to scroll cut perfect ovals .

Gill
            There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
            (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Sweet looking piece of.......oops.............start over...................Nicely cut and designed project Jedi!
              ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Barry, stay out of my beer. HO HO,. just kidding.

Comment

Gill,
                  Great idea, about the templates, Next time I get a get a 40% off coupon for ACMoore I will pick up a few different ones.
                  Rolf
                  RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                  Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                  Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                  And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X