• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChuckD
    replied
    Another place for the pattern is
    http://www.wildwooddesigns.com/prodi...p?number=60892
    Doing that with flat blades is a great job and to me much more difficult. That is the type of pattern I always use spirals on.

Leave a comment:

• Greenfield_Bob
    replied
    Thanks for all the nice comments.

Dale thanks for posting that website, I didn't get it from there but that is the guy that designed it.

Bil, I didn't use spirals on it. The only time I use is when the pattern is to big for my saw.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Daryl185
    replied
    awsome Wolf portrait Bob very intricate cuts

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    Bob,

I have always been partial to wolf images, yet I have never cut one.
    Yours is certainly an inspiration. Nice work!!

Leave a comment:

• ozarkhillbilly
    replied
    That is a beauty Bob, do you by chance use spirals?

Leave a comment:

• lucky788scroller
    replied
    Originally posted by MinotBob
    Bob
    Any chance of getting a copy of the pattern?
    Heres a place to find that pattern http://leldonscrollsawing.homestead.com/index.html Dale

Leave a comment:

• Jim8Mad
    replied
    Very nice! Sometimes it's nice to have projects that take a long time to cut. When you get that itch to make some sawdust and don't have anything ready to go, it's always good to have something in the background to fall back on like that. And this one was definitely worth it.

Leave a comment:

• Marcel in Longueuil
    replied
    Really Nice work Bob.

Regards,
    Marcel

Leave a comment:

• MinotBob
    replied
    Bob
    Any chance of getting a copy of the pattern?

Leave a comment:

• Greenfield_Bob
    replied
    Jeff, I like your idea but the frame, I'll look around and see what can find.
    Thanks
    Bob

Leave a comment:

• Greenfield_Bob
    replied
    Pete
    The background is 1/8" baltic birch painted black. It needed a strong background because the wolf itself is pretty weak.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• minowevie
    replied
    Just awsome, even with out a frame. that would look great just like it is. with a piece of felt and a backor board. nice work there Bob. Evie

Leave a comment:

• Charlie_1
    replied
    Excellent work

Leave a comment:

• PeteB
    replied
    Very elegant. Your background shows it off quite nicely, too. What did you use?

Pete

Leave a comment:

• workin for wood
    replied
    That's pretty awesome looking. If your framing it, my idea is to use a tree branch with bark still on it...try and find an old dryed up one in the woods someplace. resaw the appropriate log in half. make a somewhat square frame my lap jointing the logs, similar to a log house. It won't be easy, you'll have to do some scribing. If you have a band saw, you can rough cut close to a fit, and then carve out the rest a little at a time with a knife, dremel, or angle grinder. The joints don't have to be perfect, just decent. Just a thought, but imagine how that would compliment your wolf, and the value you could add to it.
    You can spray poly on bark, it'll help brighten it up, helps it to not dry out too much and fall off the wood, and helps with cleaning, but it takes alot of coats. The wood does need to be reasonable dry of course. Shagbark hickory would be the ultimate, but the toughest to do, a maple or ash would be alot easier because the bark is smoother.
    either way, whatever you do will be great I'm sure...I can't imagine the amount of work it took to make that wolf.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X