Some more "production" cutting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some more "production" cutting...

Got some more shop time this past weekend and thought I'd share the results. First pic is what I got cut out and was even able to finish a few pieces. The kokopelli was an order so I went ahead and made a couple For some reason, floral patterns and bird ornaments really sell well. Used a variety of woods this go a round....walnut, curly maple, birdseye maple, "regular" maple, ash, hickory, cherry, figured mahogany, paela, padauk.
    HPIM0385 (580 x 465).jpg

Next shot is the set up for next weekend. All that is left to do is drill and cut. Than finish sand and finish. Then sell.....hopefully... These are mainly maple and ash with the "JOY" words being some crotch figured red oak. I don't much care for oak, but they are "ordered: so I'm happy to cut
    them!
    HPIM0389 (580 x 418).jpg
    ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Bear that is an awsome asortment of ornaments nice work
    Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

Excellent work there Bear
      Charlie
      "Everything Happens for a Reason"
      Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

Very nice selection, Barry. They should sell well in the right market. No wonder you are able to retire at such a young age.
        Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
        www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

Great stuff Barry. I hadn't thought about the birds and flowers. I'll have to give those a shot around here. Butterflies do really well for me as well.
          Kevin
          Scrollsaw Patterns Online
          Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

Hi Barry,

I'd say that was a productive weekend.

What thickness are these?

Do you resaw your stock wood or purchase that thickness?

Regards,
            Marcel
            http://marleb.com
            DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

I'd say you had a very productive weekend, and with some very nice projects to show for it!
              Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Thanks for the kind words.

I buy my wood at thickness as there is no bandsaw in my arsenal...yet.

I use 1/8" for ornaments, sometimes 3/32". Everything else is 1/4 - 3/8" thick stock. Very occasionally I'll use 1/2" or thicker. And it is not all that "expensive"....$35 of 1/8" wood is enough to make over $350 of ornaments.
                ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

very nice. got a pretty good headstart. love the crosses. Evie

Comment

Beautiful! I'd better keep my wife away from the computer screen.

Pete

Comment

Very nice work Barry .....I'm particularly fond of the crosses. I've got to practice more on stacking, don't think I could do anything quite that small yet ...gotta get something to hold small bits in my drill press, or find that contraption for my Dremel ...we only go to town once a month around here ya know
                      Good job !
                      ...~Robert~
                      DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Comment

Originally posted by Sawduster
                        Very nice work Barry .....I'm particularly fond of the crosses. I've got to practice more on stacking, don't think I could do anything quite that small yet ...gotta get something to hold small bits in my drill press, or find that contraption for my Dremel ...we only go to town once a month around here ya know
                        Good job !
                        You'd be surprised Sawduster, give it a whirl......take another look at the size of the frets. The snowflake ornaments are 5" for scale, the round ones are
                        4 1/4". I use a 1/8" bit and a #5 blade for the internal cuts and a #7 for the external. My stacks are 7/8" thick. If I can do it, it must be easy......

D. Platt

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Chuck Hans
                          Reply to Big week here
                          by Chuck Hans
                          Congrats on all accounts,
                          I have been retired for 21 years and have no regrets. Hope you and your family take full advantage of the well earned time
                          Today, 08:51 PM
                        • cwmagee
                          Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
                          by cwmagee
                          Jim,

Should you ever get bored, you may have found a new retirement/career "Key Board Repair Service"
                          Today, 03:36 PM
                        • Sandy Oaks
                          Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                          by Sandy Oaks
                          So true about letting the blade do to cutting....
                          Today, 02:56 PM
                        • NC Scroller
                          Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                          by NC Scroller
                          I have made a number of those Harvey puzzles. They are a lot of fun. You really need to be patient and let the blade cut. Even the slightest pressure can ruin your puzzle piece fit. My go to is a Pegas #3 MGT....
                          Today, 11:24 AM
                        • NC Scroller
                          Reply to Big week here
                          by NC Scroller
                          Congrats on your pending retirement and gaining a new daughter. I have been retired close to 6 years now and I have no idea where the time went. Yes retirement will mean some adjustment but I can tell you it is the best job I have ever had. By the way. If you think retirement means unlimited shop...
                          Today, 11:18 AM
                        Working...
                        X