Pedal Power Scroll Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedal Power Scroll Saw

I am extremely interested in building a Pedal Power Scroll Saw to take to shows as a conversation piece (and also to use on very soft wood).

I remember seeing a pattern for this "somewhere". I hate getting old - can't remember where I saw the pattern.

Would someone with a better memory than myself please give this blonde senior a hint???????

Much ablidged

fred
    Fred
    aka Pop's Shop
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!.

Fred:

Good to see you over here. I read your posts over at the other two scroll saw forums you are active at. Sorry, I haven't been by to visit your own forum much these days.

But, back to your question: have you checked out Rick Hutchinson's web site? I thought for sure he had some plans for a bicycle style peddle powered saw. You know, peddle assembly from a bicycle with chain drive to a large wheel driving the arms up and down.

When I looked, all I could find was a treddle style; it was way down near the bottom on the left hand side (the list of links.)

HTH
    Phil

Comment

Pedal saw

I also have plans for the pedal power. The treadle is much smaller, in size and weight, and easier to use.
      Rick Hutcheson
      http://www.scrollsaws.com

Comment

Rick:

Thanks for posting! I was beginning to think I was having a 'senior's moment' also. I just knew you had a pedal powered saw plans. Boy am I glad, my mind wasn't playing ticks on me again.

Now, about my car keys......
        Came in the house...
        fed the cat....
        put the groceries away...
        now where else could they be.....

Phil

Comment

Maybe it's the treddle style that I saw - now that you bring it up.

Treddle would be much easier to use when one is standing in a booth - know what I mean???

How about a "Treddle Power Scroll Saw" plan???

I know, I know - I changed my mind again - At least I still have a mind to change.
          Fred
          aka Pop's Shop
          Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!.

Comment

Try this link, lots of options, including Ricks
            CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
            "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
            Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Originally posted by GrayBeard Phil
              Now, about my car keys......
              Came in the house...
              fed the cat....
              put the groceries away...
              now where else could they be.....

Phil
              Are you sure you didn't fed the groceries and put the cat away? Ah, there they are....right where you put them.

-Bill
              -Bill

My saw is a DeWalt788 Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X