My latest "slightly detailed" cutting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My latest "slightly detailed" cutting

Well, depending on who you talk to, either "slightly detailed," "delightfully wicked," or "maddening."
    Took a break from custom orders to cut one of my patterns that I've been meaning to get done. Cut from 1/8" BB @ 11 X 14 in a stack of 5 with FD-SR #3's.
    Unfortunately, I still need to upgrade my camera, the pic doesn't show the blue velvet backer that I used to try to capture the peacock's color.
    Attached Files
    Kevin
    Scrollsaw Patterns Online
    Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Ooh, my head hurts.

Actually, it reminds me of a William Morris design - take that as a compliment, Kevin .

Gill
    There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
    (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

WOW does that nock your eys out. Gill come look at this. now whos nuts you just blow me away. how long does it take you to just drill the holes??? Wow, Wow.

Evie

Gill
      Girl you are too fast.

Comment

I hope you have a bib on because you are probably drooling by now.

WOW!!
        Rolf
        RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Others say "SICK, TWISTED, INSANE"

You have a steady hand and keen eye my friend. not to mention patience in abundance.
          ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Ouch. Great job on the pattern and cut. What took longer to do, the pattern or the fretwork?
            Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
            www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

Maybe we should take a collection to up his meds !!!!!

That is just plain nuts.
              CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
              "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
              Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Thanks?? I think? LOLOL.

As far as what took longer, I think it was a wash. I keep better track of my time cutting, this one took me 17 hours to do, not exactly sure how long the pattern took to be honest, I worked on it off and on for a couple of weeks. I still ended up hand drawing the head as I was cutting it as it just didn't stick out enough.
                Needless to say, these are my favorite types of projects to cut, it's why I learned to design my own patterns in the first place. I still think you're nuts for cutting a compound ornament out of Ash Gill. At least we'll both know someone at the looney bin.
                Kevin
                Scrollsaw Patterns Online
                Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

That's just Crazy.....

if I tried to do something like that, I don't know what would be thrown out of the window first...
                  the project, my saw or me....

BTW, it looks great!

Trout
                  Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
                  Fish are food, not friends!

Comment

All kidding aside, that is some fine work.
                    It is satisfying to use a pattern you have made yourself.
                    I sometimes think saws should have hour meters on them so we can track the time. I may have to see if I can find one.

Great work Kevin.
                    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
                    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
                    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Kevin words escape me all I can think to say is wowwwwwwwww you are a master scroller my friend
                      Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

Hour Meter

Carl,

My saw does have an time meter on it and measures in hours and tenths. I like the feature as I can reset to zero if I wish to know the cutting time on a project. The meter runs as long as the master switch is on, not just the saw's motor so it captures the time of cutting, switching holes and changing blades. The saw is an Eclipse.

Don

Comment

Kevin, that is just about as intense a project and pattern I've seen, and no mention or use of a spiral!

AWSOME!!!
                          Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Originally posted by Jediscroller
                            I keep better track of my time cutting, this one took me 17 hours to do, not exactly sure how long the pattern took to be honest, I worked on it off and on for a couple of weeks.

I still think you're nuts for cutting a compound ornament out of Ash Gill. At least we'll both know someone at the looney bin.
                            Errrr.........17 hours with a tiny blade versus 5 internal cuts on a soft rock.....hmmmmmmmm........sorry buddy, got to go with Gill on this one....

YOU ARE NUTS!!!!!!

A talented one though
                            ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Kevin,
                              How about " D-all of the above " ?
                              Wow ! Man that is intense !
                              Good job on the pattern and the cut !
                              ...wow!
                              ...~Robert~
                              DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X