Double sided tape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double sided tape

I have been using a double sided tape called Duo-Stick tape. Does anyone know where I can get this brand of tape.. Do any home improvement warehouse carry this brand name.. Thanks

Hi gmackay, I'm not sure of the brand name double sided tape that I use, but I can buy it anywhere. Canadian Tire, Home Depot, Home Hardware, and Walmart.
    Hope this helps
    Marsha
    LIFE'S SHORT, USE IT WELL

Comment

I just ordered an adhesive aplicator and the tape it uses from.
      www.bindingsource.com the delivery was overnight.
      Rolf
      RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I have been using glue dots that are made for scrapbooking.
        You can get them from Michaels Crafts

They work great and stick like glue
        CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
        "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
        Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Glad to hear somebody picked up on my idea of using glue dots. I think they work great.

Earlinjax

Comment

Hi Earl, sorry I did not give you credit. I knew I read it on the forum but not who posted it.

I used them at the fair and they were so quick and easy. Top notch tip that should go into the magazine
            CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
            "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
            Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

DO NOT use the reinforced double sided carpet tape. I used it once and enriched my vocabulary 500% with words I didn't even know I knew!!! That stuff is meant to stick and stay stuck....and it does!!
              If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

Comment

Originally posted by gmackay
                I have been using a double sided tape called Duo-Stick tape. Does anyone know where I can get this brand of tape.. Do any home improvement warehouse carry this brand name.. Thanks
                Hi gmackay, I am curios. what are you useing the double sided tape for. ??Evie.... Ps welcome.

Comment

Amazon.com

Amazon is a front end for some Web store called BIC Superstore. While you may never have heard of BIC Superstore, Amazon.com takes your credit card and Amazon is very safe.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=228013

It is listed as two-sided painter's tape, low tack adhesive side and high tack adhesive side. Low tack for painted wall board, high tack for plastic drop cloth. Spraying stucko ceiling and using 3 mil plastic drop cloth to protect walls.

Product maker's Web link
                  http://www.easymask.com/pages/duo.html

Do you have a Sherwin-Williams paint store near you?

also,
                  http://www.o-geepaint.com/Sundries/Drops.shtml
                  scroll down, way down for masking tape products.

Could be other web sites. But I suspect you need a real paint store to carry a usefull product like Duo-Stick.

Phil

Comment

Evie, I'm guessing scrollers are using the 2 sided tape for stack cutting. This is of course for the scrollers that do stack cut. The couple times I have stacked I have just used clear packing tape on all 4 sides, top and bottom.
                    Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
                    www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

HI Evie,

I am using the double sided tape for stack cutting wood. In the absence of double sided tape I used clear tape around the outside edges and I used hot melt glue drops on the corners or waste areas of the pieces.

I appreciate ALL of your suggestions and will try the glue dots available at craft stores. I used all of my duo-stick tape putting together a stack cut demo for the FCP Open House showing Box Making techniques.

Gary MacKay

Comment

Gary thanks for the reply, I usualy, use hot glue myself. I wondered about the doubale sided tape, do you put it in the waist wood, or all over , inbetween the stack pieces. and is it easy to remove the pieces after the cutting is done? also, i was wondering, if you only put it in the waist wood, (which i really don't know) how does the cuts comeout in the middale. do they have frezzies? or are they clean. I alway would like to try new ideas. thanks alot. Evie

Edit, i forgot to ask, would a carpet layers doubale sided tape be to strong to use. the kind that you can seam a carpet together with. not the iron on kind, but the regular doubale sided tape. ???? thanks
                        Last edited by minowevie; 08-25-2006, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Evie,

I use the double sided tape to temporarly hold two pieces of wood together when I am stack cutting wood. Generally I only use several strips to hold the wood together, do my cutting, then separate the pieces and remove the tape. It works good, but, I also tape the edges and use hot melt glue drops the way you do. Just another way to temporarly hold the wood together.
                          Thanks,

Gary

Comment

Thanks a bunch, Gary. I think i will give it a try. your friend Evie

Comment

Hi guys I use spray glue and paper like a patturen but both sides just peels of after.
                              http://www.picturetrail.com/uid3726744

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                                Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                                by will8989
                                The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
                                Today, 11:10 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Farmers market
                                by will8989
                                Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
                                Today, 10:31 PM
                              • tgiro01
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by tgiro01
                                Linda - Here is my gimmick for the Incra 1000SE on my SS CNS. I scratched a line 3/4-inch in from the blade end of the fence. I then use a ruler to set that line 1-inch from the side of a carbide tooth on the blade. Then I line the 1-inch mark on the fence ruler to the scratch line.

Now,...
                                Today, 09:38 PM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                It was a tough choice on the miter gauges---based on recommendations here. I researched the Kreg and the Incra. They were pretty much tied. I let fate decide it. Went into my nearest 2 hardwood stores. #1 sold Kreg, but they were out of stock and didn't know when an order would come in that...
                                Today, 06:47 PM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to Plastic puzzle
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                Nice puzzle. Go for the gusto---scroll it next time!! Several of the quality brands of blades make blades just for acrylics. With a sharp blade and the right speed it's all good.
                                Today, 06:38 PM
                              Working...
                              X