My latest Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My latest Project

I got a little bogged down with custom orders but fortunately my buddy Andy Deane came to my rescue with this pattern (you can find more of Andy's patterns in The Wooden Teddy Bear with the prefix AD).
    I actually thought about using spirals on this, it was the worst 2 seconds of my life.
    Attached Files
    Kevin
    Scrollsaw Patterns Online
    Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

very nice Kevin. I know what you meen. I have done this pattern too. and not as nice as yours for sure. but thats becouse your the king. Nice, Nice. 2 seconds. now thats fast. or did you meen the blade choice. Evie

Comment

Kevin,
      WOW!
      That is grade A number one sweeeeeet ! Excellent work !
      I am totally blown away
      ...~Robert~
      DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Comment

Nicely done Kevin, even after studying it, I couldn't tell where those worst two seconds were spent!
        Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

That's a very fine design which has been cut with great skill. I like it a lot .

Gill
          There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
          (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

WOW

That is just great Kevin. Spirals? ugh
            Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
            www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

Kevin,

This, compared to your usual maddening designs, looks like a stroll in the park.

But a very nice stroll it is none the less.

Beautiful work.

Regards,
              Marcel
              http://marleb.com
              DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Thanks all for the kind words.
                Evie, no spirals were harmed in the cutting of this piece, LOL. I'll stick to my flats. Marcel, although not as many cuts as some of my slightly detailed patterns, this was one of the tougher pieces I've cut in a long time, the wings were especially tough. Although I know now that I can tighten up some of my designs and add even more cuts and more fragile areas, LOL!
                Oh, I delivered it this morning and have orders for 4 more (thank heavens for stack cutting).
                Kevin
                Scrollsaw Patterns Online
                Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

Nice work Kevin my Dad is retired USAF and for a Christmas present I am doing the retired USAF from the Fox Chapel Military emblems book
                  Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

Awesome work Kevin

Charlie,
                    Charlie
                    "Everything Happens for a Reason"
                    Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• alexscrollsaw
                      It is so cute (Christmas deer)
                      by alexscrollsaw
                      "It is so cute" - it is the first what I hear when I show this project. I haven’t done 3D patterns for a long time (about a year), it’s quite difficult and takes a long time. But I don’t regret the time I spent on this new pattern - Christmas deer, I think it turned out great. It is...
                      Today, 02:03 PM
                    • markdavd
                      Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                      by markdavd
                      I've been using the bags from Amazon and a heat gun my wife bought when she was a preschool teacher. Unless you are wrapping of small parts, you don't need a sealer. Just fold it over and hold it with a small piece of scotch tape on the back. After you shrink it it's sealed enough to keep everything...
                      Today, 09:45 AM
                    • NC Scroller
                      by NC Scroller
                      My process is a bit different. Since I am using heat shrink bags when you seal the open end you trap a lot of air in them. When you start to heat the bag to shrink it you create a large bubble. I continue to heat the bag until it does pop a hole. I have been doing this for years. The shrink wrap...
                      Today, 07:42 AM
                    • will8989
                      by will8989
                      None Linda. You need to find the right heat temp so it shrinks but doesn’t put a hole in the wrap but the tape doesn’t shrink or tear.
                      Today, 12:20 AM
                    • Linda In Phoenix
                      by Linda In Phoenix
                      What thickness of film seems to work the best for puzzles?
                      The bags seem easier on the surface.
                      But the film seems like it is more versatile on size variations.
                      Yesterday, 03:24 PM
                    Working...
                    X