Its Finally Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its Finally Here!

UPS finally delivered my DW788 saw today just as I am getting ready to leave for a week. Will have to wait until 8/30 to check it out. I ordered on 8/8 & arrived today 8/21. Wildwood/Cherry Tree is quicker than this. Oh well its here & when I get back home will check to make sure I have an even table, that my blade holders aren't so far apart & all the other things you would hope would be right on a new saw! Don't mean to be so negative guess I'm just disappointed I can't get it set up & use right away. Work sucks! See ya in a week!

Randy, I am happy for you on one foot. and sad for you on the other. I bet you stood out side buy you mail, tapping your foot for, like 14 days. one thing is good. at least it got there before you left. right. I bet when you get home, all will be well, and you will cut out something to blow us away. I will be impatiantly waiting. ( i know spelling) your friend Evie

Comment

All right Randy. I envy you. You'll probably have a hard time sleeping until you get back and start making sawdust. Does this kinda remind you of when you were a kid waiting for Santa? Be sure to let us know how everything works. Maybe I'll have to drive up sometime and check it out.

Good luck
      Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
      www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

Put the stand, light, & DW-788 together today. Waxed the table, & cut some easy patterns I had out of a John Nelson pattern book. It seems like a pretty sweet saw. I noticed when I squared the blade to the table it was one notch from the O setting. Also had trouble clamping the blade in the bottom clamp almost like the blade clamps are too far apart. But when I finally got it clamped on both the top & bottom it sure did cut nice. Also when bolting the saw to the stand it pulls the pin from the rear of the table. After loosening the bolts & repinning it, it pulled loose again so just left it. I hope to practice a lot as I am not a very good scrollsawer but I am working fulltime & carving duck, loon, & fish decoys. The scrolling is a nice change of pace, but I have much to learn & am sure thankful for these various forums & the excellent advice I receive from all of you. Thank you very much! Will report back more as I go.

Comment

Hi Randy
          I'd like to see some pictures of your decoys.
          MinotBob
          Makita MSJ-401
          Universal Tools:
          Remember you only really need 2 tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the Duct Tape

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
            Reply to Farmers market "survey"
            by will8989
            This market is run a little different than most. All monies collected go back into the market. Each month they put on a different event to draw in people. The budget is usually $600 in the busy months. The pavilion is well maintained with sides that pull down in the colder months. The only time Sunday...
            Today, 01:41 AM
          • cwmagee
            Pegas Large Scrollsaw Table
            by cwmagee
            A couple of months ago I ordered the Large Pegas Scroll Saw Table for my EX21 from Denny which I received about a week later. I installed it immediately and made a few test cuts. Since then I have been busy with several Urban renewal projects around house as well putting the yard to bed for the winter....
            Yesterday, 07:28 PM
          • Rolf
            Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
            by Rolf
            Back in the late 90's I bought a Incra 2000 Miter gauge. Incredibly precise. The problem was that it only adjusted in one direction, It rarely gets used. It locks in to half degrees. More recently I bought a Kreg fence which has a pin that precisely locates the frequently used angles.
            That is...
            Yesterday, 08:15 AM
          • Jimern
            by Jimern
            The crafters market here in Kerrville, TX is $25 per 10x10 spot per event. We sell 8 months out of the year, Jun/Jul is too hot, and Jan/Feb is too cold. No insurance requirement but we do have to show a sales tax permit and collect sales tax.

Personally I would never sell in a venue that...
            Yesterday, 06:29 AM
          • will8989
            by will8989
            The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
            10-20-2020, 11:10 PM
          Working...
          X