Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go Vikings! (right Lucky788?)

Sorry Dale,

For you that are confused, the Minnesota Vikings and Green Bay Packers (Wisconsin) have been rivals for many years, and Dale lives in Wisconsin. I'm not a football fan in any sense of the word. I have better things to do with my time, but I know I am in the minority. With football season right around the corner I thought now would be the time to try something like this. I found the emblem on the net and it was quite easy to turn it into a pattern. I'll see what people think tonite on Third Street. There are also quite a few Nascar fans around too. I find this also a little boring. The only sports that excites me is bass fishing. At least I pick up useful info watching bass tournaments. I never plan on playing football or car racing but I do thoroughly enjoy bass fishing.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Minnesota scroller; 08-17-2006, 04:43 PM.
    Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
    www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Great job on both patterns!
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Mike I think you might have two good sellers there! Great job on the Viking pattern! It looks like it would be a fun one to cut! Good luck at the street sale.
      Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit! I am a diehard Vikings fan ! Nice job, man and a kewl idea
        I could definately do without Jeff Gordan, being a Kasey Kahne fan, but the pattern and cut are superb. I think you'll do well with that
        ....and just for the record, I would rather fish than do either of these
        Good work !
        ...~Robert~
        DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Comment

Mike, you are just a scrolling machine! Good luck tonight & be sure to let us know what sells!

Comment

Since I'm originally a cheesehead but not a Packer fan, unless of course they're playing the Vikings, BOOO HISSSS. I'm more of a Raiders fan. Now that may make an interesting pattnern. Man, I've got to quit doing that. My to do list is already a mile long and I'll die before I get to everything I want to do.

Jeff Gordon fan I am not, either. Now get me a Ward Burton pic and we may have something. Kevin Harvick would do too, although I'm not into NASCAR as much as I have been in the past. Too much has changed for the worse, but that's a whole other can of worms.

Nice job on the Vikings pic. The Jeff Gordon one, good job, just bad subject matter.
            Kelly
            "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Comment

Its Ok, Im not much of a football fan either, theres not enough time in the day to spend it watching rich cocky guys in tights. The packers could improve by forcing the 4 to retire, but they wont do it. And as for the vikings..... lol, they DO throw a great party on a cruise boat!!!! But, other then that.......ah nevermind!! Dale
              Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Dale you're a riot. Did you hear about the latest Viking arrested for a a DWI and fleeing a police officer at over 100 mph in his BMW? And this is just 5 days after being arrested for not having a valid driver's license. Yeah, the Vikes are an interesting lot. My minister thought I should add prison numbers to my Vikes portrait.

Regarding the vendor sale: Sold Jeff Gordon but no Vikings. Might be a little early for football memorobalia. However, I did pick up a potential order for a mini dachsund, a bear and a full bodied horse. A few people also picked up my cards for future use. I have more of a custom business than anything. Eventually the town will know the name MN SCROLLER!
                Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
                www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

Go Bengals!

Now having said that, I'd love a copy of your Viking pattern. I have a good friend who lives around the corner who is a die-hard Viking fan. I would love to make him one of those.

Comment

Those are two great photos, glad you did well on your sale. I bet if you did a photo of T. Owens you would have made a bundle(lol)
                    Go Cowboys
                    Bill
                    Delta P-20

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jimern
                      Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                      by Jimern
                      The crafters market here in Kerrville, TX is $25 per 10x10 spot per event. We sell 8 months out of the year, Jun/Jul is too hot, and Jan/Feb is too cold. No insurance requirement but we do have to show a sales tax permit and collect sales tax.

Personally I would never sell in a venue that...
                      Today, 06:29 AM
                    • will8989
                      Reply to Farmers market "survey"
                      by will8989
                      The one I do is under a pavilion on County Property, about 60 spaces. They run 4 “seasons”, spring 6 weeks, summer May - mid September, fall sept to Mid November, and holiday fare Mid November until end of year. Cost is $75 per season, per day as they are open Saturday and Sunday. If you are called...
                      Yesterday, 11:10 PM
                    • will8989
                      Reply to Farmers market
                      by will8989
                      Ours are run by the state Ag Dept. They have very strict rules as to masks and distancing. The Ag Dept does come and visit to make sure rules are being followed. We stand behind the table and use the tailgate for packaging. I have people place their credit card in the reader on my phone and remove...
                      Yesterday, 10:31 PM
                    • tgiro01
                      Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                      by tgiro01
                      Linda - Here is my gimmick for the Incra 1000SE on my SS CNS. I scratched a line 3/4-inch in from the blade end of the fence. I then use a ruler to set that line 1-inch from the side of a carbide tooth on the blade. Then I line the 1-inch mark on the fence ruler to the scratch line.

Now,...
                      Yesterday, 09:38 PM
                    • Linda In Phoenix
                      Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                      by Linda In Phoenix
                      It was a tough choice on the miter gauges---based on recommendations here. I researched the Kreg and the Incra. They were pretty much tied. I let fate decide it. Went into my nearest 2 hardwood stores. #1 sold Kreg, but they were out of stock and didn't know when an order would come in that...
                      Yesterday, 06:47 PM
                    Working...
                    X