Back from the Fair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from the Fair

Whew 4 days from 9 am to 9 pm but it was fun.
    We had lots of visitors. I followed Sue's lead and gave out some magazine too.
    We had the Saw Aces video which was recieved well the first night. Unfortunately during the night the TV VCR grew legs and walked away, along with the video
    It is a great video and good for clubs or any organization to introduce scrolling.

I cut up a storm and am attaching pics.
    There will be a few more pics with more discriptions.
    Attached Files
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

more from the fair

At the fair my friend and mentor Roy Brown is standing behind the president of the BC WOODEN TOYMAKERS SOCIETY Robert Prinse.

We gave out Fox Chapel book catalogs and Toymakers Pamphlets to everyone we could.

A friends seven year old son Isaac is cutting with me. It is the first time he has used a saw and he cut out a llama. I held the wood down and he guided it.

I was fortunate enough to try Mr Browns brand new Excaliber, and he was fortunate enough to try my Ryobi, which he loved by the way.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CanadianScroller; 08-14-2006, 07:52 AM.
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ

Comment

It looks as if you had an enjoyable time and made some new friends . Those pieces you cut should inspire a few new scrollers too.

Sorry to hear about the video - there's some rotten people around.

Gill
      There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
      (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Kewl, sounds like your had a pretty good time, well except for that walking legs thing , guess they liked it so much they just had to take it home with them along with the tv vcr .

maybe chain it down next time lol

Great cuts and pictures

Charlie,
        Charlie
        "Everything Happens for a Reason"
        Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

Glad you made it home safe, sounds like you had a good time and introduced the world of scrolling to a youngster, who wont forget it!
          Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

It was great. I scrolled with 5 youngsters all together. I just didn't advertise it or the line up would be out the door.

Key points of interest for the scrollers were blade selection and where do you find free wood

I should have taken items to sell. Many people wanted to buy but that isn't the reason we were there.

I think I will have to order 3 gross of blades since there is no source locally. That is an item I could have sold out of.

Several people said they were inspired enough to dust off their saws, a few wanted a new hobby and may buy saws. I volunteered to help them select.

Next year I do not think I will take two days off work to start the fair off. That is just a little too costly. I will try and get some of the retired toymakers to man the booth till I get off work.
            CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ

Comment

great job carl, looks like it was a fun time, and your report was great...
              Dremel 1680 & Delta ss250 shopmaster

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                Reply to Sundays market
                by will8989
                We did. I only went $40 over budget. I got a 73” x 12” x 3/4” curly cherry for $55. Just needs to be run through the sander and cut to size. It’s a pinkish cherry and is so pretty. A piece of deep red redwood, 2 pieces of walnut each about 12” wide. Good haul.
                Today, 08:56 PM
              • Jim McDonald
                Reply to Interesting pallet
                by Jim McDonald
                I have harvested some very interesting specimens in the last 10 years. Bookmatched ash that was absolutely beautiful; red oak, maple, some spalted "something" and more.
                But since most of the cross boards on pallets are 3 to 4 nches wide and 3/8" to 5/8", I have few uses for...
                Today, 08:17 PM
              • Quartz43
                Reply to New tools
                by Quartz43
                I have an implanted spinal cord stimulator to help with back pain. They also have warnings about welding. I could not get one when I was working in an electric furnace steelmaking shop as the electrodes were over 1000 amps and volts. I have also decided to stay away from welding as I just do not...
                Today, 03:40 PM
              • hotshot
                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                by hotshot
                You did a great job on that video. You speak and explain well!...
                Today, 02:27 PM
              • RJweb
                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                by RJweb
                I am glad it is all working out for you, RJ...
                Today, 01:31 PM
              Working...
              X