Bookmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bookmarks

I know some of you do bookmarks and sell well.
    I would like to know what thickness wood, type of wood , pattern source and selling price as well as finishing so I can offer them this 'winter visitor ' season for my fund raising project.

Any help and suggestions are gratfully appreciated.

I found out last season that they "Don't have any room" in their RV or mobile home for mounted portrait work. (Too bad they have no friends to give gifts to.)

John

Old Dust

I make bookmarks out of 1/32 Finnish Birch plywood. I think I bought it from Sloans. I used some patterns from Volker Arnold. I also made a couple of my own. They are very simple designs. I spray them with Rustoleum semigloss clear. The attached design is one I did for our Methodist church. I donated a bunch of them. I have been using one of them for over a year now.
    It is about 3 inches tall. I tried a few different things but what workrd best for me was cutting all of the flame out.
    Attached Files
    Rolf
    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Awesome pattern, thanks for sharing.
      CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
      "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
      Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Old Dust,
        If you go to the search facility on this forum and enter "bookmarks' there are a number of threads with bookmark information.
        Rhys H

Comment

I have a question this topic in regards to what type of wood to use. Besides resawing wood to size or 1?32 bb ply wood what about wood veneers? would that work or is it too thin and brittle?

Eric

Comment

Eric,
            I think you are going to want the extra strength of plywood for the bookmarks. The stuff that is available in 1/32 is really high quality. You will probably want to stack cut several at one time.
            I think even resawed hardwood will be pretty brittle. Of course, your hardwood may vary.
            Sandy

Comment

With the 1/32 I use only plywood and stack 12. You could stack more but I don't want too many of one style.
              Rolf
              RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
              Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
              Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
              And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Then I need to be on hunt for 1/32 plywood around Montreal because so far I've only found it in the states. Any tips on where to find this plywood?

Eric

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X