Less for Veterans at Home Depot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Less for Veterans at Home Depot

At the check out yesterday I was informed that HD will no longer give a discount to Vets unless you have a service connected medical prob.Sad as I always enjoyed getting it in the past.Does any one know what Lowe's current policy Is ??
    John aka Qlty Form.US Navy

That is sad that they are stopping the discount. I have not heard about Lowe's one way or the other. I've only used the discount a few times I always forget about it until I'm back out to my truck and then I go--- oh yeah I shoulda...LOL
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

I used my vets card at lowes yesterday.
      Contact the VA and get a card showing you are a vet. That will get you the discount.
      Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
      Desert Woodcrafters
      Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

Comment

Most of the stores in this area advertise active duty military. I have seen nothing about vets. Will have hubby check into it. It seems the older we get the more important vet benefits are, no matter what they are. When hubby retires, he will be taken care of through the VA for medical benefits. I, on the other hand, will be "left out in the cold" so to speak. Believe me, I'm not complaining. My sis-in-law works in insurance and there's a way I can get an HSA insurance for me through my company. We are checking into it now, as 4 years is not that far away!!! We learn much more than woodworking on this forum!!!
        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

We were at Lowe's yesterday and they told hubby that they are only giving the discount to active military, retired vets or those who left the service on a service related disability. This means that those veterans who were honorably discharged after serving their county no matter how many years they served, but did not retire or become disabled in the service are not eligible for the discount.
          Tammy

Pressure makes diamonds

Comment

Here in Canada it is hard to get a seniors discount .

Now that I think about it McDonalds gave me a discount on my coffee .

I believe a veteran's discount is unheard of .

Roger

Comment

I was at Lowes yesterday[ Wichita ,Ks] and was asked if I was a vet, recieved it. I didn't even know they gave discounts to vets.

Joe

Comment

Lowes in Anderson, IN used to have to get a 2nd person to do the override for military discount (I'm retired AF), so I'd only do it on big purchases. Now, they just press a key, so I can do it for every purchase w/o guilt. I assume that means they're sticking with it. Hey, it keeps me away from Home Depot...

David

David Griffin
                Tuliptree Craft
                s

Comment

Almost every town here in the US has a vets office. Ask them about getting a vets card. Just show that at HD or L and see what happens. ACE gives it to at some of their stores. I shop stores that give me a discount.
                  Pacifism is great, as long as everyone is participating.

StephenD

The Southern Arizona Woodturners Association
                  Desert Woodcrafters
                  Grandpa for the 7 most amazing children.

Comment

lowes does

i use my VA card and get a 10% dicount at lowes each time

sully

Comment

Go Lowe's

I get my discount at Lowe's every time.

Bubba
                      "Live as though Christ died yesterday, arose this morning, and is coming back tomorrow."

Comment

The last time I was at Lowes (Anderson, IN), I asked about their policy: As long as there's a card showing your military connection they'll give you the discount.

(Oh, & if it's a new cashier, tell her it's the "Shift F1 key"--she had to look it up in her notes, but was still friendly)
                        Last edited by kofte; 03-29-2011, 09:38 PM.

David

David Griffin
                        Tuliptree Craft
                        s

Comment

Here on the Big Island the VA does not give out the vet card. They just ask for the last 4 #'s of your Social Security to find you in the computer system. I have not heard of any discount in H.D. or Lowes...but then I have never asked.
                          Hawaiilad
                          Larry

Comment

The Lowes in Plattsburgh NY offer 10% off to vets
                            May the wind at you back .....
                            Not be from Lunch.

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER

Visit My Gallery

Oily's Gallery

http://www.picturetrail.com/oily11

Comment

I am retired AF and never heard of these discounts from Home Depot, Lowes or any other business. I have my retired military ID card. Will this suffice or do I need a VA card mentioned in several other posts? How much of a discount is it normally?
                              Thanks,
                              Bob

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                                Reply to Hope everyone had a safe holiday.
                                by will8989
                                Sorry to hear that Scott. Bruce had it but I never did. And I try to isolate from Bruce whenever I can. ūü§™ We were even around our son and grandson right before they were diagnosed and nothing for us. I guess I overdid the shopping Carole. I tried to sign onto our bank tonight and it is ‚Äútemporarily...
                                Yesterday, 11:31 PM
                              • Jim McDonald
                                by Jim McDonald
                                My saw is in a severe state of depression due to alleged abandonment. We have been clearing Becky's office since her retirement. She one of the last two original occupants of that new building in 2001, so it has been a lot of trips to the recycling bin with student thesis files, convention papers and...
                                Yesterday, 07:07 PM
                              • Redlee
                                Hello all, new here.
                                by Redlee
                                New here and looking for some help and guidance on scroll work and saws.
                                I have a Hegner M25S and have recently made some upgrades and would like to improve the blade clamping. So looking for ideas and help.
                                Thanks
                                Yesterday, 05:54 PM
                              • Ralph123
                                Reply to Clock hardware Kits.
                                by Ralph123
                                I didn't get the message. What address did you send it to?
                                Yesterday, 02:05 PM
                              • meflick
                                by meflick
                                Whatever therapy works for you - is a good therapy. Glad your touch/retail therapy was beneficial for you Betty.

Scott, I am so sorry to ear that you and your wife have both had to fight through Covid. I hope this means that you are both on your way to healing, if a bit slowly....
                                Yesterday, 12:14 PM
                              Working...
                              X