Spare blade holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spare blade holder

Now having bought various types of blades has anyone made or come up with a holder to keep them separate and labelled. I have thought of a series of small plastic tubes in a rack. Just thought someone may have a neat idea.

Thank you
    Derek

Search for holder and you will find all kinds of blade holders on the forum. Everyone has a different idea or interpretation. The plastic tubes in a rack works well.
    Gary

Comment

Spare blade holder

Thanks Gary, I will do some searching.

Comment

Hi Derek,

I made a rack that mounts to the side of my saw and used BABY SODA BOTTLES for the blade holders. They work great and you can make a label to identify each type blade. I don't have a link for you but if you Google baby soda bottles you will find where to buy them.
        Stoney aka Al

This gettin old stuff ain't for sissies!

Comment

Here is the baby soda bottle link Derek.

Baby Soda Bottles - Giant Test Tubes at Steve Spangler Science
          Stoney aka Al

This gettin old stuff ain't for sissies!

Comment

Hi, Derek. I use pvc pipe for holders & mounted them on a piece of Acrylic that I had available. I also use Flying Dutchman blades & just cut out the blade size etc. from Mikes brochure that I get with the blades & glue it on the pipe. Hope you find something you like. Good Luck.
            PERK

Comment

Derek, I use the plastic tubes you can buy from Sloans. I drilled 12 holes in two rows in a length of 4X4 scrap I had that are just big enough to accept the tubes. I use the Flying Dutchman blades, and peel the label off of the packaging, sticking it on the outside of the tube I use for those blades. I've got the block affixed to the side of the saw. Works well for me.
              John

Excalibur EX21
              RBI Hawk G4

Comment

Derek, Lee Valley sells various size tubes for storage. Check out the link.. Lee Valley Tools - Online Catalog. I bought the 1/2" tubes and they work great for storing extra blades. I just wrote the size, etc., on adhesive labels and stuck them to each tube.
                Bob
                Last edited by rbiorde; 02-22-2011, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Here's Mine. I get my tubes from www.sloanswoodshop.com.
                  Attached Files
                  Dan in So.Ca.

Comment

Spare blade holder

Thanks to all for the great ideas and advice.

Derek

Comment

I took tubing, and cut holes in a thick piece of scrap wood - I keep most of the blades in the pack they come in from Mike's Woodshop - but works well for me - at no "cost" - I got the tubing from work

Comment

just got 20 plastic tubes on ebay. Total with shipping, less than $9.00

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                          Reply to Hope everyone had a safe holiday.
                          by will8989
                          Sorry to hear that Scott. Bruce had it but I never did. And I try to isolate from Bruce whenever I can. ūü§™ We were even around our son and grandson right before they were diagnosed and nothing for us. I guess I overdid the shopping Carole. I tried to sign onto our bank tonight and it is ‚Äútemporarily...
                          Yesterday, 11:31 PM
                        • Jim McDonald
                          by Jim McDonald
                          My saw is in a severe state of depression due to alleged abandonment. We have been clearing Becky's office since her retirement. She one of the last two original occupants of that new building in 2001, so it has been a lot of trips to the recycling bin with student thesis files, convention papers and...
                          Yesterday, 07:07 PM
                        • Redlee
                          Hello all, new here.
                          by Redlee
                          New here and looking for some help and guidance on scroll work and saws.
                          I have a Hegner M25S and have recently made some upgrades and would like to improve the blade clamping. So looking for ideas and help.
                          Thanks
                          Yesterday, 05:54 PM
                        • Ralph123
                          Reply to Clock hardware Kits.
                          by Ralph123
                          I didn't get the message. What address did you send it to?
                          Yesterday, 02:05 PM
                        • meflick
                          by meflick
                          Whatever therapy works for you - is a good therapy. Glad your touch/retail therapy was beneficial for you Betty.

Scott, I am so sorry to ear that you and your wife have both had to fight through Covid. I hope this means that you are both on your way to healing, if a bit slowly....
                          Yesterday, 12:14 PM
                        Working...
                        X