Is $250 a good price for a Hegner Multimax-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is $250 a good price for a Hegner Multimax-1

Hello. My neighbor is moving and cleaning house. He has a scroll saw and I am trying to find out if $250 is a good price. I have never used one, but if the price is right, I don't want to necessarily pass it up. If you guys say it is worth $100 I won't buy it, but if you say it is worth $500, then one day I might have use for it. Make sense! If this thing is outdated I should probably pass.

Anyways it is a Hegner Multimax-1. He says it was used once. It looks like it. It looks perfect. Anyway, I can't seem to find anything online regarding this model. The stuff I have found appears to be newer models. Can't find anything that looks just like this one

If anyone does know where I might get some info on this model, and if it would be a good deal, a would appreciate it.

Thanks in Advance,
    Tom

Take a look at the price listings for the new ones at this link
    and judge for yourself!!

http://www.advmachinery.com/default....roducts&grp=24
    Never seen a blade that wouldn't dance!!

Comment

Tom, I have a Hegner. and i paid 1200.00 for it. I don't know that one, but i would probley buy it. they are very dependabale. Evie

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jim McDonald
        Reply to Bible stand
        by Jim McDonald
        A quick Google search for fretwork book stands showed pattern on Pinterest. Might be worth a look.
        Today, 12:39 PM
      • Quartz43
        Reply to Spring Issue
        by Quartz43
        I agree that with fret work the grey areas may be useful but not needed for Intarsia and some others. It would not be difficult to use grey for some patterns and just lines on others.

Another thing to note is that not many have the ability, software or equipment to stitch patterns back...
        Today, 11:02 AM
      • Rolf
        Reply to YoraHome Laser w/CNC Engraver/Router
        by Rolf
        This is only my opinion.

Hi Linda, My first reaction is it looks good, and my new toy craving started to twitch, but I thing it will be very limiting very quickly.

It is a small engraving machine and if that is what you want and need maybe OK. You are limited to 1/8 shank...
        Today, 10:25 AM
      • millwab
        Reply to Peanuts #1
        by millwab
        I still have some puzzle blades from Ben Fink. Once I run out of them I’ll have to ask Denny what he recommends for a substitute....
        Today, 09:56 AM
      • Rolf
        Reply to Spring Issue
        by Rolf
        [QUOTE=Quartz43;n873079]No doubt, the large patterns are a real challenge. Not many have a large size printer. Going out and finding a place to do large scans and prints is problematic with the virus and many of us are older.

I wish they would not print the patterns with the grey. Pure...
        Today, 09:47 AM
      Working...
      X