Sometimes Customers have the Best Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes Customers have the Best Ideas

I had a customer who wanted a sign for his camp site and he provided the idea for this piece. I really like the idea. The wood is Ash and the lettering is Mahogany. I received 3 addtional orders for these within a day of delivering this.
    Thought some of you might be interested.
    Attached Files
    Kevin
    Scrollsaw Patterns Online
    Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

VERY, VERY NICE Jedi! I like it and may have to steal the idea

Now, just kicking around a thought......did you consider making internal cuts for the lettering and pop-up, then gluing up a dark piece of, say walnut, behind the ash before cutting the outline?

Again, just thinking out loud.... I like what you've done and am not being critical.....
    ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

That sign looks sweet Kevin.

Nice work, I like the lettering style you used.

Where did you get the pattern of the mobile tent (trailer)?
      One of your creations I presume?

Regards,
      Marcel
      http://marleb.com
      DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

I definitely like it. I assume the piece is the shape of a state?
        Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
        www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

Nice indeed Kevin! I really like the color contrast of the two.

Alright, who can name the state? I'll give a clue, it's not Hawaii
          Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Originally posted by ozarkhillbilly
            Nice indeed Kevin! I really like the color contrast of the two.

Alright, who can name the state? I'll give a clue, it's not Hawaii
            My guess is either ConeticuT, or the republican portion of Massachussets......
            ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

looks great and a neat idea as well.....
              Pete Ripaldi

---------------------------------
              "Insert Clever Tag Line Here..."

Comment

Hehehe, Barry's almost correct, LOL! It is Connecticut but I wouldn't call the home of Chris Dodd (a big Castro supporter) the Republican portion of Mass.
                Yep, my first choice was to cut out the lettering (would've been a lot easier and quicker), but the customer wanted it in an overlay fashion. Oh, and steal away, it's why I posted it. I'm glad this guy wasn't from Rhode Island, Deleware or Maryland (would've been tough to fit a name, hehehe).
                Marcel, the little pop-up was one of mine, just a simple little pattern that I whipped up for this piece and more or less modified on the fly as I hadn't done a pattern of this type (free standing) before.
                Thanks for the kind words about the piece guys.
                Kevin
                Scrollsaw Patterns Online
                Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

Kevin, that is just too kewl ....I am impressed ....of course, you do that to me a lot !
                  Excellent work !
                  ...~Robert~
                  DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Comment

Looks great Kevin! Could have put a whole campsite if it was on Montana! LOL! Like the choice of lettering style. Thanks for sharing!!

Tim
                    "All it Takes For the Forces of EVIL to Rule Is For Enough GOOD People To DO NOTHING!"

Saws: Excaliber 30; Dewalt 788 'Twins', Makita SJ401 (Retired), Grizzly G1012 18" Bandsaw

Comment

That is a keeper.

I lent my trailer out this weekend, I may need to make a sign for it
                      CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
                      "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
                      Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Kevin that is just owsome. now i think i know what to make the kids for xmas. what a great idea. Now if i only had a pattern for dune buggies. what a cool thing. thanks. your the best. I love your lettering too. really stands out. great, great. your friend Evie.

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianScroller
                          That is a keeper.

I lent my trailer out this weekend, I may need to make a sign for it
                          if the situation is like mine here, the sign should read
                          this is borrowed, please return promptly, clean with toliet tank dumped.....
                          owner!
                          Dremel 1680 & Delta ss250 shopmaster

Comment

Thats awesome Thom....WELCOME BACK
                            CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
                            "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
                            Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Ho HO Ho. thats so funny, so glad you are back Thomp. You and Carl just keep me rolling on the floor. so dieing lauphing here. Evie

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• NC Scroller
                                Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                                by NC Scroller
                                I have made a number of those Harvey puzzles. They are a lot of fun. You really need to be patient and let the blade cut. Even the slightest pressure can ruin your puzzle piece fit. My go to is a Pegas #3 MGT....
                                Today, 11:24 AM
                              • NC Scroller
                                Reply to Big week here
                                by NC Scroller
                                Congrats on your pending retirement and gaining a new daughter. I have been retired close to 6 years now and I have no idea where the time went. Yes retirement will mean some adjustment but I can tell you it is the best job I have ever had. By the way. If you think retirement means unlimited shop...
                                Today, 11:18 AM
                              • jim_mex
                                Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                                by jim_mex
                                Thanks to all for the kind comments.

Norma and I are still growing into our 'new' home but are really happy that we got this work done and everyone who has seen the transformation have been wowed.

From my side I'm really pleased with how my kitchen extension idea worked out....
                                Today, 09:17 AM
                              • jim_mex
                                Reply to New PC keyboard has an error
                                by jim_mex
                                Hi guys - it seems like I am back in business. The offending 'F' key seemed to lack sufficient travel to push down on the main board so I stuck a thin sliver of plastic under it with super glue and that seems to have solved the problem.

The only downside is I now have no excuses for my...
                                Today, 08:42 AM
                              • Rolf
                                Reply to Home remodeling completed !!!
                                by Rolf
                                WOW! I really like your taste in doors etc. I have have always leaned towards contemporary / modern. But our house is a small cape and that style would not suit it. Since we are both Geminis we have 4 people and our house is very eclectic. Each room has a bit of different style.
                                Today, 08:20 AM
                              Working...
                              X