2nd Thursday nite st. sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Thursday nite st. sale

Hot again and not much traffic. I'm sure once Sept. gets here, things cool down and people are done vacationing, things will pick up.

I only sold one tonite, the German Shorthair portrait. I did get a few requests though. One lady collects cows and one lady collects clowns. Another young gal wants a loon for her aunt's birthday in a week and a half. She thinks she would like it for her cabin. So now I can start searching for patterns. I know Jeff Z. has an awesome one of a loon but his designs would be way too time consuming and people seem to be comfortable with the $15 or $20 price tag.
    I also got permission to display and try to sell some of my portraits at a cafe that will be opening in about a month, in a small village about 5 miles away. That should get me some good exposure. The public does like my work anyway. Most of them have never seen anything like it around here. I think they consider me an artist.
    Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
    www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Cows, clowns and loons, there's 3 up and coming sales and all 3 are good subjects! Hang in there Mike, the heat wont last, but you will...... like you said, people like your work, and haven't seen anything like it around there so get busy and make some saw dust!
    Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Way to go Mike--

Having a place to display your work is awsome !!! I know that when you start hanging you'll be busier than a cat on a hot tin roof .... For some reason people are strange on the things they like but I have found as long as you enjoy doing what you enjoy and making other people enjoy your work -- heck then you 've got it made in the shade ....
      I am proud for you too..
      Sharon

Comment

Mike,
        Shoot me a PM with your e-mail address. I have a loon pattern you might be able to use.
        Kevin
        Scrollsaw Patterns Online
        Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

Originally posted by Minnesota scroller
          . The public does like my work anyway. Most of them have never seen anything like it around here. I think they consider me an artist.
          You should consider yourslef an artist!
          You just use different tools than a painter or other form of artist.

Many people consider someone using a pattern not a true artist.
          Yet the Camera Obscura has been used for centuries by great artists, including DaVinci.
          If he is permitted to trace the outline of an object and still be called an artist then why can't the rest of the scrolling world.

It will be awesome to see your work on display!
          Congratualtions.
          CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
          "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
          Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Congratulations on getting 3 orders AND a place to display your work!
            Of course you are an artist - even when we use patterns, there is always the choice of wood and finish, and we also decide which parts of the pattern we may want to (or accidentally) change - that's called artistic license, by the way.
            Be sure you stack cut the requests - what one person wants is often what several others would really like too.
            Sounds like you had a successful show!
            Sandy

Comment

Originally posted by Jediscroller
              Mike,
              Shoot me a PM with your e-mail address. I have a loon pattern you might be able to use.
              Definitely shoot Jedi a PM, Mike. It is a winner for sure!!!

And CONGRATS on your progress, FANTASTIC NEWS.

and its never too early to start stack cutting witches/cats/ pumpkins for Halloween and turkeys for Thanksgiving................
              ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                by will8989
                Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
                Today, 10:32 AM
              • Sandy Oaks
                Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                by Sandy Oaks
                As a framer, we have a shrinker wrapper at ArtCrafters. Very simple. Film on a roller, sealer attached, just roll off enough film, seal the film, insert object, seal other end and shrink with a heat gum. We also use Uline as a source. Not sure where our unit can from as it was with the shop when...
                Today, 09:46 AM
              • NC Scroller
                Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                by NC Scroller
                I would make the shed 1" less than the size permits are required for. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH SPACE....
                Today, 07:42 AM
              • NC Scroller
                by NC Scroller
                I shrink wrap all my puzzles. It is the best method I have found. I do not use a cardboard backer as some do. I use shrink wrap bags that I get from Amazon or Ebay. 8" x 12" will fit 95% of the puzzles I make.

To use the bags you will need a sealer. I have one very similar...
                Today, 07:39 AM
              • Linda In Phoenix
                by Linda In Phoenix
                I checked out www.ULine.com We used them years ago at the company I used to work at, and they were really reputable to work with. They have machines, guns, bags, and film. I just don't really know what works best, as well as if there is a really great priced to buy from. To date I've been a frugal...
                Yesterday, 10:01 PM
              Working...
              X