Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CanadianScroller
    replied
    Forstner bit sounds good!

I showed it last year at the fair and asked a young lad if he knew who the man in the whale was.
    He smiled and with delighted glee proclaimed
    PINNOCIO!

Oh well

Leave a comment:

• Grizz
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by CanadianScroller
    Thats great to hear
    Thank you.

I hope you had fun cutting them, and I hope you didnt have too many go wrong from those darned instructions.
    Well, if you recall, you gave me a 'sneek peek' at a hand drawn pattern a when you first posted your picture in the gallery. We were cutting them out before the Magazine came out... this was just our first chance to sell them.

We don't cut the little man out. We use a forsner bit to drill out the back of the middle section and then on a thin piece of wood that fit's, drawing jonah on that piece. I like the idea of having to take the puzzle apart completely before finding Jonah. On our 'demo' we had out... Jonah would almost 'pop' out... then I would say, "There you go, Jonah was just spewed out unto Nineveh."

Leave a comment:

• CanadianScroller
    replied
    Thats great to hear
    Thank you.

I hope you had fun cutting them, and I hope you didnt have too many go wrong from those darned instructions.

Leave a comment:

• Grizz
    Guest started a topic Hey Carl...

Hey Carl...

Thought you'd like to know that your Jonah and the Whale is a big hit.

Last week at our Christian Family Camp we sold out of the basic puzzle (40ct) at $3.00 each. We packaged them and sold them as Jonah & the Big Fish...(a more accurate term). We also sold about 15 smaller versions my son cut out of Zebra Wood and put on a key chain. Those sold at $5.00.
    A local Christian bookstore is ordering some 'whales' along with some of our other items.

We've not recieved pictures back in quite awhile. (really need to invest into a digital camera).

Thanks...
    Grizz

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Sandy Oaks
    ArtCrafters Scroll Saw - Loyalty Program
    by Sandy Oaks
    I am not sure where to post this, but here goes. I started a Loyalty Program - When you log in, you will become a site member and receive 25 points. Each 10 points worth $1 towards purchase. Go to: https://www.artcraftersonline.com/
    Today, 01:23 PM
  • Bill Wilson
    Reply to Bad Bad Bad decisions: ShopSmith
    by Bill Wilson
    I think you are spot on with your Dewalt comments., at least as far as aggressive cut is concerned. I had a Dewalt for many years and got used to it. I replaced it with an EX-21, just before they moved mfg to China. I tuned it for the least aggressive cut and over several years of use, have gotten...
    Today, 12:11 PM
  • Rolf
    by Rolf
    Unfortunately folks coming into the hobby don't know what they will be making as they progress, so they really depend on recommendations when it comes to saws. If the saw you buy does what you want it to do.

I was and still am blessed with a local club. So I had the opportunity to try...
    Today, 08:06 AM
  • NC Scroller
    Reply to Delta 40-650
    by NC Scroller
    Welcome to the forum. It would be best to start a new thread to ask your questions. This thread is 11 years old....
    Today, 06:28 AM
  • NC Scroller
    by NC Scroller
    It is probably a dollars and cents thing. Excalibur probably gave them the best deal. Also I frequent two forums and a number of Facebook scrolling related groups. You would be amazed how often the Dewalt and Excalibur are recommended....
    Today, 06:26 AM
Working...