Hey Carl...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Carl...

Thought you'd like to know that your Jonah and the Whale is a big hit.

Last week at our Christian Family Camp we sold out of the basic puzzle (40ct) at $3.00 each. We packaged them and sold them as Jonah & the Big Fish...(a more accurate term). We also sold about 15 smaller versions my son cut out of Zebra Wood and put on a key chain. Those sold at $5.00.
    A local Christian bookstore is ordering some 'whales' along with some of our other items.

We've not recieved pictures back in quite awhile. (really need to invest into a digital camera).

Thanks...
    Grizz

Thats great to hear
    Thank you.

I hope you had fun cutting them, and I hope you didnt have too many go wrong from those darned instructions.
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianScroller
      Thats great to hear
      Thank you.

I hope you had fun cutting them, and I hope you didnt have too many go wrong from those darned instructions.
      Well, if you recall, you gave me a 'sneek peek' at a hand drawn pattern a when you first posted your picture in the gallery. We were cutting them out before the Magazine came out... this was just our first chance to sell them.

We don't cut the little man out. We use a forsner bit to drill out the back of the middle section and then on a thin piece of wood that fit's, drawing jonah on that piece. I like the idea of having to take the puzzle apart completely before finding Jonah. On our 'demo' we had out... Jonah would almost 'pop' out... then I would say, "There you go, Jonah was just spewed out unto Nineveh."

Comment

Forstner bit sounds good!

I showed it last year at the fair and asked a young lad if he knew who the man in the whale was.
        He smiled and with delighted glee proclaimed
        PINNOCIO!

Oh well
        CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
        "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
        Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...