Last Fri I couldn't even spell " designer "

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Fri I couldn't even spell " designer "

.......now I are one Well , we won't go so far as to say that yet, but I did take the plunge over the weekend and began playing with portrait design. This was only my 2nd pattern and the first one I've actually cut. What better subject for my first experiment but The Shop Widow ? I'll look back at this one and laugh some day, but for now I'm pretty excited and tickled to death to have you folks to share this with. Gotta thank core-eagle ( Thanx Tim ) for putting my feet on the path to the folks that helped me get started with this.
    It is amazing to think that a month ago I was almost bored with this addiction .....er I mean hobby. Thanx everyone for your help and encouragement
    Life with my saw is good, and The Shop Widow likes it when I smile

flower child.JPG
    ...~Robert~
    DW788 and Hawk 226

" Please let me grow to be the man my dog thinks I am "

Sawduster -

Very nice portrait cutting there and for only your second one I would say you've got down. They are fun to work on but time consuming.

Paul S.

Paul S.

Comment

you sure are one.........looking great.......!!
      Pete Ripaldi

---------------------------------
      "Insert Clever Tag Line Here..."

Comment

Well done!!! There's no turning back now! Now you'll have to remind yourself to go make sawdust and not just play at the puter!
        Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Way to go Robert! I've found that cutting my own patterns helps me to design better. Looks like you have been bit by the bug. Just don't forget to get on the saw also!!! Get that balance.

Keep up the Great Work!

Tim
          "All it Takes For the Forces of EVIL to Rule Is For Enough GOOD People To DO NOTHING!"

Saws: Excaliber 30; Dewalt 788 'Twins', Makita SJ401 (Retired), Grizzly G1012 18" Bandsaw

Comment

That's impressive, especially for only your second pattern. Well done !

Gill
            There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
            (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Robert, the shop widow is that the little misses. ?? and you made the pattern??? wow. I bet she loves that. so good. I cant do that. very , very good. looks just like the picture. not even alittle off, or fuzzie. good for you. now you are not bord anymore, looks like the shope widow, is into it too. your friend Evie

Comment

your own design

Nicely done Robert! Now you'll find you need to introduce 'time management' Finding a balance between designing and cutting can be difficult.
                Sue Mey

Comment

Great work Robert
                  and whose getting addicted ? lol

Charlie,
                  Charlie
                  "Everything Happens for a Reason"
                  Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

Thanx everyone for the kind words and encouragement I hear ya about the balance ....I'm afraid the biggest loss of balance will be in my sleep I live quite a ways from work , and being a manager type, I usually get home around 7 PM . By the time I eat a bite ( I do love my groceries ) there is no shop time , but I can use it for pooter time and practice the patterns. Hopefully the next one won't take me half the nite !

Evie, yes that is the missus and she's pretty darned excited about this new angle I have discovered. As Tim said, having some "saw time" helped me immensely in the designing phase and she is already making a list of pictures for me to practice on .

Charlie, in case you're wondering, I already checked and there are no 12 step groups for scrollers
                    .......yet

Thanx again everyone, it is so nice to have folks to share my excitement with
                    ...~Robert~
                    DW788 and Hawk 226

Comment

Charlie, take notice..

Now that DOESN'T resemble a duck!! see the difference? LOL Dale
                      Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

well there should be Robert lol

Charlie,
                        Charlie
                        "Everything Happens for a Reason"
                        Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

Robert,
                          I just came across this thread and was blown away with how neat your work and design are. As you know, I am just getting started, but I enjoy working with the computer too. I have lots of photo's of friends and family I would love to try and do, when I am better at it. If you could send me a PM re: any help in how one goes about learning to design that kind of pattern, I would appreciate it.
                          Wonderful work in both the design and the sawing.

Dale M.

DW788

Comment

Charlie, in case you're wondering, I already checked and there are no 12 step groups for scrollers
                            .......yet

Hay Robert. it is ok to still use easy does it here. but you can still live and let live here too. enjoy. just one step at a time and when your project is done,(( just turn it over.)) and glue it just don't glue to much or stand to close. hold your breath. and all is well. ARK ARK. we are just one big happy family. your addicted friend Evie

Comment

Oh Evie you crack me up !
                              That was very, very clever ....you are a rare gem indeed
                              Thanx for the chuckle
                              ...~Robert~
                              DW788 and Hawk 226

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
                                Reply to Big week here
                                by jim_mex
                                Hi Jim - A nice story regarding your son biting the bullet. Congrats to all!

Re your upcoming retirement. I wasn't really looking forward to mine but to be honest, apart from being home based due to this darn virus, I've gotten accustomed to getting up in the morning and deciding what I...
                                Today, 03:32 PM
                              • Quartz43
                                Reply to New tools
                                by Quartz43
                                You have found out about retirement. Busy, busy and busy. And you need more tools!
                                Today, 03:29 PM
                              • wjbclocks1
                                Reply to Big week here
                                by wjbclocks1
                                Enjoy life, Congrat....
                                Today, 01:30 PM
                              • Jim McDonald
                                Reply to New tools
                                by Jim McDonald
                                Good luck getting ANY of that garden space!
                                Today, 01:24 PM
                              • Jim McDonald
                                Big week here
                                by Jim McDonald
                                Well friends quite a week here on the prairie.
                                Long back story, but our son was adamant we get a fast response COVID test last Saturday, so we could attend an outdoor gathering of his girlfrigirlfriend's family. About an hour into the ATV and dirt bike riding, he got off the 4-wheeler and dropped...
                                Today, 01:20 PM
                              Working...
                              X