Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bearfretworks
    replied
    GOOD FOR YOU, Mike! Congrats on the sale. Prices sound very reasonable, especially if you cut two or three at a time:

Nice job on the cocker too Rolf.

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    Mike,
    One I tried wood burning to shade in the nose, the other will go on sale Christmas. I will scan the contents page and e-mail you directly.

Leave a comment:

• Minnesota scroller
    replied
    Cute cocker, Rolf. I have been considering that book. One just sold on Ebay for $10.55 that I was looking at. However, until now, I had no idea what any of the patterns looked like. The only description I could find on the book is 46 breeds. The size of the book cover online doesn't allow you to see much. I'm going to add a rottweiller and sheltie to my mix for this next thursday and see what kind of response I get. Dog portraits may be my biggest seller around here. It seems like everyone and his neighbor has dogs. I just wish the description of the book listed the 46 breeds.

By the way, what did you do with the other 2?

Thanks for the photo and advice.

Leave a comment:

• pete00
    replied
    congrats on your sale...

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    If You want a great book of dog patterns get Judy Gale Roberts "Fine Line Design" Dog Breeds. It has 46 patterns. The pictur below is a "down and dirty" that I did for friends last minut BD present. 1/8 baltic birch stack cut 3.
    I normaly would take more time to make the circles smoother. This one is about half size (4.5 in) from the original pattern.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• lucky788scroller
    replied
    The price sounds fine.Congrats! Dale

Leave a comment:

• Minnesota scroller
    replied
    Dale, you nosey devil. I don't soak anybody, especially little old ladies. Someday my wife will be one. Actually, I only charged her $20 and charged her daughter just $15 for the boston terrier. What do you think of these prices?

Leave a comment:

• lucky788scroller
    replied
    Yup, eventually you will see the benefits of stack sawing! Congrats on the sale! dale
    (can I be really nosey? to bad!.... how much did ya soak the old lady for the horse?)

Leave a comment:

• ozarkhillbilly
    replied
    Congratulations Mike! Ya got your first taste of putting your work out there and made some sales, met some new people.....who sounds like they want more! Even if the heat was high ya made some cool change Buy yourself some more wood or blades or a couple of cold brews for next weeks sales.
    I'm looking forward to seeing your next projects!

Leave a comment:

• William Young (SE BC)
    replied
    Congratulations Mike on your sale.
    That must be very encouraging for you as a new scroller. And with the conditions you described I would say you did very well and the quality of your work had to be a determining factor in your success in selling those pieces.
    Keep up the good work.
    W.Y.

Leave a comment:

• Minnesota scroller
    started a topic Thursday nite street sale

Thursday nite street sale

Well, the nite wasn't a complete bust. Very few people wandered thru in the 90 degree heat and I was given a very lousy location. I was set up on the sidewalk next to a shiatsu massage lady while just about everyone else was on the street. Most shoppers would just walk down the street and not bother to check out the sidewalk. However, my first sale was of the horse head. Thank goodness I stack cut that one, eh. That was to an elderly lady who has a son in Alabama that raises horses. Then her daughter decided to buy the boston terrier for her one son and now wants one of a pug next week. I just need to find a pattern. Then my friend stopped by to get her lynx. I guess it could have been worse. The location wouldn't have been worth paying for but since it was free and only 3 blocks away, what the heck. I was also promised a better location on the street next week.

And yes Bill, it was hotter here than in Missouri today, by about 10 degrees.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jim McDonald
    Reply to I've been AWOL for too long...
    by Jim McDonald
    For you and hotshot , remember to hide notes, chicken bones or beer cans in the stud cavities for the next remodeler to find.

I am partial to the folks who hide plastic skeletons in dead spaces under stairs, etc.
    Today, 11:14 AM
  • Ennobee
    Celtic knot-shamrock cross
    by Ennobee
    My wife fell in love with the shamrock cross pattern in the spring issue of SS&W. So I had to make her one as soon as I found the time. Off course, not being able to leave a good pattern alone, I decided to turn it into a segmentation using some real hard broken pallet wood I 'disposed off' at work....
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Yesterday, 02:11 PM
  • Ennobee
    by Ennobee
    Hi Jim.
    glad to hear back from you. I have been absent almost just as long, but that was just because my 9-5 morphed into a 12-hour a day job due to... Something with the economy I guess. So yes. Good luck with your house. How come I have the feeling that after all this work you'll end up living...
    Yesterday, 01:30 PM
  • hotshot
    by hotshot
    Had to smile at that, as I bought that exact same hammer drill, for about the same reason

-----Randy...
    08-10-2022, 10:09 PM
  • Daddy's scroller
    by Daddy's scroller
    Have a fun safe trip Jim. I hope pictures to follow...
    08-10-2022, 06:46 PM
Working...
X