Meow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meow!

Got another special request from a friend that I sent a link of my gallery to.
    She used to own a lynx as a pet. If nothing else, maybe when people see my work they will at least request other subjects. What I have done so far may just be for show and tell but if it brings in orders, what the heck. It's the end result that counts. And, for all you scrollers who have been insisting that I stack, I'm working on a stacked one right now. It's only 2 high 1/4" BB but I know my neighbor will like it and maybe someone else. If not, I'll offer it for sale to the highest bidder. You will see it tomorrow.
    Attached Files
    Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
    www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Good job cutting Mike! Are you already done???

If so, I suggest a couple mods to the pattern for the next go around -extend the ear tufts out another 1/2" or so about a spiral blade width - lynx have long hair at the ends of their ears. also, the tail set just doesn't look "right" to me and I think its the curve forward.

It also looks too spotted for a lynx, more like a bobcat pattern with ear tufts....

Again, your work is great, not meaning to criticize that. Just offering constructive advice as I have a big nose.......
    ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Sorry Barry, it's all done. I'm sure glad it's not someone from Alaska or someone in your line of work that requested this portrait.

I usually cut patterns as I get them. To be honest with you, I didn't even pay that much attention to the physical details. The pattern I got off the web said lynx, so I printed it and cut it. I suppose I could have referenced one of my many wildlife books first.

Next time I'll be more observant, I promise.
      Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
      www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

Thats a great cutting, and its nice to see you accept creative criticism the way everyone should. all to often, a fued begins because someone feels that his work is being picked apart, but for taking Barrys advice in the way he meant it. But, you shoulda stack cut it I still say!!!! Dale
        Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Mike your putting out great work, I'm telling ya man, just keep making that sawdust, enjoy yourself while your doing it and the rest will just fall in place!
          Looking for the next project.......
          Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Thank you Mike for taking my comments the way I hoped you would! Your skills are amazing and I look forward to observing and learning from you next year

Ozarkhillbilly gives good advice too.

And you alreadu know I agree with Dale so I won't bother typing it.
            .....stack......stack........stack......stack..... ..::

Well done!
            ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Mike
              lete me add my well done as well......looks great
              Pete Ripaldi

---------------------------------
              "Insert Clever Tag Line Here..."

Comment

Hay Mike, I too agree. I love it. but after reading some of the post. I think this is what this forum is all about, advice , and true, critesiom. wow thats a big word. you are doing a bang up job. and I love the way you take the coments. to no offence. how cool. it wouldn't be a great group with out honestiy right. thats how we learn. I for one , have not done something this diffacult. so I am all smoosh. and uh awws. so I am glad there are folks here to tell you the honest truth. and I am learning from it too. you are growing in leeps and bounds. your friend Evie

Comment

Mike,
                  I've just gotta add my well done to the stack - really nice job! However, my first impression was "What a well done bobcat", so maybe that says something. Bobcats and lynx vary a lot between summer and winter, and according to their environment though, so if your recipient is happy, then you've got a winner, no matter. It is probably accurate for some lynx at some season in some location.
                  And I sure do agree about the stack cutting - someone else is going to like it too!!
                  Sandy

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                    Reply to Farmers market
                    by will8989
                    I just used different wood scraps I had to make the kayaks. I still do t see anymore in my future.
                    Today, 01:09 AM
                  • Jim McDonald
                    Reply to Delta Q3 fuse question
                    by Jim McDonald
                    Twenty years in electronics retail and here is a quick dirty way to tell the difference:
                    a fast blow will only have the wire element. Slow blow almost always has some extra structure that will be left behind after the fuse blows.
                    Secondly, there is a series of three letter engraved on one...
                    Yesterday, 08:54 PM
                  • Ennobee
                    Reply to Looking For Mom and Baby Animal Pattern
                    by Ennobee
                    They look like David Spielmann's Designs to me. I will check my library this evening, but I bet you already that they are from one of his pattern books.
                    Yesterday, 01:55 PM
                  • jim_mex
                    Reply to My first decent furniture project - Welding and woodwork combined
                    by jim_mex
                    Thanks all - you folks do wonders for my ego with your comments and importantly fire me up to keep trying new things

Scott - once this Covid situation has passed I'll definitely be heading up to NC. I'm tentatively thinking late spring/early summer next year. I am not sure just what pointers...
                    Yesterday, 01:35 PM
                  • JustLarry
                    Reply to Delta Q3 fuse question
                    by JustLarry
                    I found this information on fuses in general.

Blowing type. Fast-blow fuses will blow as soon as the current reaches the fuse's amperage rating, while slow-blow fuses are designed to tolerate a large number of startup surges and modest short-term overloads without blowing.
                    Fast-blow...
                    Yesterday, 12:56 PM
                  Working...
                  X